Victoria! Zeke's CB175 Build

There is a major difference in size of piston on the 175 and 200. Now does width or height matter for more compression.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    269.1 KB · Views: 320
That was a little bold of me. I should have said - Perhaps. On the one hand it might but on the other hand it might not.

Clearly a taller crown has higher compression but I don't think that was really the question. In simple terms the larger the bore, the easier it is to raise compression and the lower the dome the better it is. A better solution is a larger than stock bore with relatively low crown and small included angle between the valves to give a flatter combustion chamber. I much prefer to flatten the chamber as mush as possible to avoid the squashed pancake chamber which needs lots of ignition advance and has poor combustion characteristics.

The pistons are aluminum, so you can just take a wire wheel to the crown (if you want to save time).

We are still pulling rust out almost a week later. Pix two was Tuesday pix three Wdnesday

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 1,186
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 337
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    612.3 KB · Views: 328
Texasstar said:
We are still pulling rust out almost a week later. Pix two was Tuesday pix three Wdnesday

I tried electrolysis and it did the same to my tank it only made it worse with all that black grime in the tank, it will flash rust before your eyes.!

Looks like you could knock a lot of that scale off pretty easily with a hand-full or box-full of some wood-finishing nails, the kind with small flat round heads. Slosh it around with a good amount of white vinegar, because it will neutralize the rust to prevent the flash rust that normally follows using Metal Rescue and Evapo-rust. Shake shake shake shake the thing like mad!

I seen a guy strap a tank to an old wagon wheel and just spin the heck out of it.

Back
Top Bottom