TR1-R racer by SCHLACHTWERK

schlachtwerk

after my xv750 build i started a new one, based on the bigger one, the tr1.
i wanted to build this bike more radical, max weight 180-190 kg, the stock tr1 weight is 255kg!

i change the front end to a r1 usd fork with the r1 brake. i ordered custom forged wheels by pvm in 2,5 + 3,5 x 18" an save 15kg.
frame chop at the end, wilbers shock. i made the exhaust as a 2-1 system in drag style, some gilles footrests, custom rear frame and seat...

for better air/fuel mixture i use dellorto carbs without filters.

the bike has a dry weight of 160kg, with full tank 172kg.

this is 83kg less than stock ;D

ready to race!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p91ebl5Ycrc

And not a Mojave tank in sight !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cool ride and well executed - how did the Dellorto swap go ?

wynand2000 said:
Awesome build, did you keep a picture log somewhere?

Indeed!

Waiting for further details so that I might steal draw inspiration for the XV sitting in my shop.

i started with this bike in glemseck 101/germany at the 1/8 mile cafe racer sprint... and won!

here is a drive pic:

in what kind of details you interested in?

the fuel tank is a modified rd80 from 1981
the tail ist custom work by schlachtwerk
exhaust in manufactured by schlachtwerk
the first dyno run was in stock condition, 53 hp at the rear wheel,
now with the new exhaust and carbs 67hp at the wheel..

the clipons are universal 50mm

just the dellorto phm 40 carbs with my 2-1 racing exhaust...
this exhaust was my 2. try, with the 1. exhaust i had "only" 60 hp at the rear wheel, and not more than 7200 revs, with the new one over 8000!

Deatils of the Drag Meeting please SW ................. I live part time in Saxony [ Reichenau ] and we often have Pig Roasts for some of our German biking cousins. maybe I could tie in a visit to the Drags with one of our trips.

schlachtwerk said:
mojave tanks are boring, most xv cafe racers have one :)

the dellortos are working well, some gain of power and torque

Looks great!! Did you get a custom counter shaft sproket made?

schlachtwerk said:
i use a custom 520 sprocket, it is expensive, but it saves with the light chain and the stock chain box 9kg of weight

My machinist is a bit behind in making this part for me. Mine is a 520 18T. Would your source make one for me?

My rear is 38, 39 or 40 I cant remember. What tooth is yours setup? How do you find your gearing, good, short, long?

Back
Top Bottom