What's going on now over at Ichiban Moto ?

Re: Ichiban Moto : Yamaha 500 cafe racer build

o1marc said:
It took me less than the first minute of the first video to know this was a skit. What is really scary was the number of regular members here who actually thought it was real. this thread is epic and all noobs should be forced to watch it.

It's what I get for not watching one video at first. I believe it was the 5th or 6th video when I finally watched. I think in the first page of this thread there was some genuine help being offered. Then things started to get scary, then :eek: WTF? Now...... funny as shit!

I did the same thing then went back and watched all the video's
The first vid sets everything up, King-Queen seat off a Goldwing (or similar?) which is not going to be modified or changed.
Later, a tail light/number plate mount that will vibrate off if the motor is ever run, forks slid through yokes so far tyre would contact bottom yoke or maybe even engine.
There is so much going on I can't even remember everything
This may become a cult classic ;D

CHAIN (DK219H-82L)
14410-235-003 (replaces 14410-216-003)

JOINT, CAM CHAIN
14411-216-000

http://hondapeninsula.com/fiche_section_detail.asp?section=120034&category=MOTORCYCLES&make=HONDA&year=1965&fveh=2876

chain just happens to come from a CB160 (cam chain)

Now the balance chain is a Kawasaki part
Kawasaki 92057-1415 (CHAIN,CAM,BF05-104L)or at last check Tsubaki still makes the BF05 in bulk , you just have to find someone that carries it .
Seems a shame to cut 62 links out of 104 and use the rest for a bracelet ...

The later tensioner for the balancer has a thicker slipper for the starter chain and is a better adjuster for the balance chain . Take a good look while the flywheel is off . I have a fair copy of the parts fiche if needed .

If you find a better way of installing the flywheel/starter clutch/chain gears without dropping the key into the ... than I have please share . :D

~kop

That's 'useful information' will probably copy it into a word doc
thanks

crazypj said:
I've never seen or heard of a battery disposal kit until now, pretty sure the tops should be removed so the gel that forms can neutralise the acid inside?

I followed the directions that came in the box .. and yes, it was a 12 volt kit, not a 6 volt kit.

Green199 said:
Why dont you go over to caferacer.net

I'm sure they will be much more friendly and praise you for building a bike that won't function safely.

I fixed the safety concerns .... I'm not looking for praise.. but I don't want to be laughed at or mocked either. I did go look at caferacer.net.... I think I will join over there too at some point. Maybe when I start my next bike build.... they seem quite nice over there :)

Ichiban Moto said:
I think I will join over there too at some point. Maybe when I start my next bike build....

Dont start another one yet....we're not done enjoying this one!

So the search function on the forum is paying off... I found information on how to make my own killer café racer style seat ! This will be much easier than modifying the stock seat on there now. I can also sell the stock seat on ebay and make some extra cash for paint, etc :D I also found examples of how to modify a frame.

Most of the day was spent on correcting safety issues... but I did start on the seat design and took off the rear fender :D

I put a video on youtube .. not much progress, but it's a start:

http://youtu.be/V9USn7XQxLs

Just gets better by the day and like all good jokes/rumors/political commentary, all it needs is just about enough fact to make it believable. The plumbers putty was a nice touch. :)

And the 12V battery kit was inspired. Who would go to this amount of work for a spoof? That's some sort of dedication.

im wondering if a feller could make up suma those batt-rey kits and sell 'em ta gullabell hipsters ?

I wish I woulda known I could build a bike with just a hacksaw and a pair of vise grips. I wasted a ton of money on wrenches and sockets.

Man....all you haters......I'm learning stuff here.

Ichiban Moto : Yamaha 500 cafe racer build

Make sure to use an equal amount of that putty on each side so you don't throw the rolling weight of the bike off.

Rich Ard said:
Make sure to use an equal amount of that putty on each side so you don't throw the rolling weight of the bike off.

He needs extra on the left one, it's cut a bit shorter than the right. I'm sure there's a good reason, but weighting it properly is a must.

Ichiban Moto : Yamaha 500 cafe racer build

One could probably put some lead shot in the short side for good measure. If there's no shot around, gravel would probably do the job.

There are some 'interesting' reflections on the front mudguard vid, have to be quick with the pause button though
I don't recognise who is there but face is easily visible

Haha PJ I thought the same thing but was too interested in the content to interrupt with a pause. Need to go back and watch again

Looks like the bloke from Storage Hunters!

vbtravisd said:
I wish I woulda known I could build a bike with just a hacksaw and a pair of vise grips. I wasted a ton of money on wrenches and sockets.

I assure you, I have more than just a hacksaw and vice grips. Much, much more. I also have a screw driver, crescent wrenches, sand paper, a hammer, pliers ... etc. etc. etc.

rufio said:
i'm glad you got to fix some of the safety stuff squared away..... and I hope you tightened those forks with a spanner or a ratchet, and not your locking pliers. .....

Thanks, safety is my top priority :) I used the large vise grips- they have more leverage so the screws are very tight. When I sell this build, I will have plenty of cash to build a shop and fill it with fancy tools to start on the next bike :D

Back
Top Bottom