DO THE TON Mama Tried #8!! Oct 6-8, 2017 in the Dirty South

Probably true, but I like motorcycles so I'll still go 8)

If my business centered around motorcycles I hardly think paying sales tax would prevent me from exposing myself to thousands upon thousands of potential customers. It's a cost of doing business. It's just sheer luck that you haven't had to pay it yet. Suck it up and get in front of your customers. Or don't.

Sales tax is just a part of business. If you don't pay it now you're cheating the system or only doing online sales. As a business you pay tax, that's how it works. I pay more taxes than I can count but that just means my prices are a bit higher and I work harder to make sales. I don't just close down shop because the big bad government wants their part. If paying sales tax is make or break for your business youre doing something wrong.

I mean for God's sake you're not even the one paying it, the customer is. And they know it's coming, they pay it on everything from shit paper to cars.

Still going, just not selling there.

I'd go to Barber's any hour of any day of any week of the year, regardless if I was the only person in the place, the only person on the track (Oh, how I wish), or to the biggest event of the year.

I'm just not going to conduct business there as an agent of the state of Alabama.

That, and I'm about done selling off my spares; the rest will go on ebay where THEY get their share (but put it to much more effective use than almost every government entity in this entire country).

Back to my hole...

11 days!

So... When is everyone arriving and departing, riding or driving, camping or hotel, etc?
Who is excited? :D

We are driving in, arriving midday Thursday, camping, and then departing Monday morning. I'll pretty much be working Ace Corner all weekend so come say hi!
I usually try to get a group together for lunch at least one day so members can connect. If you want to meet up, pm me your name/number.
Can't wait to see you crazy fools!

Plan is to head down Thursday and be there sometime late afternoon to early evening, camp and head back Sunday. I've got to be at work on Monday.

Excited to see everyone

Re: DO THE TON Mama Tried #8!! Oct 6-8, 2017 in the Dirty South VOLUNTEER UPDATE

Hey guys, quick Ace volunteer update. This year the folks running Ace Corner want everyone to pick up their own passes at Will Call. You can find this at the Hampton Inn near the entrance of Barber. The address is:
310 Rex Lake Road
Birmingham, AL 35094

Will Call hours are:
Thurs: 8a-6p
Fri: 7a-6p
Sat: 7a-6p
Sun: 7a-3p

Should you run into any issue, call me. If you don't already have my number, pm me for it.

Thank you guys for volunteering!

haircuttergirl said:
11 days!

So... When is everyone arriving and departing, riding or driving, camping or hotel, etc?
Who is excited? :D

We are driving in, arriving midday Thursday, camping, and then departing Monday morning. I'll pretty much be working Ace Corner all weekend so come say hi!
I usually try to get a group together for lunch at least one day so members can connect. If you want to meet up, pm me your name/number.
Can't wait to see you crazy fools!

Rach and I will be at Kileys sometime Thursday afternoon.

See you crackpots in a week or so. I'm bringing the family with me - flying in for the first time. Landing in Atlanta 6PM Thursday and staying near Birmingham.

Who has teenagers coming? My daughter is 15.

cxman said:
anybody riding down to barbers from here in nc?

i am in lexington nc

let me know please

I'm riding down from VA. I'm probably going to take back roads. If your interested in meeting somewhere let me know

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Re: DO THE TON Mama Tried! Barber Vintage Fest: Buy/Sell Parking/Camping Passes

Every year at Barber Vintage Fest, camping and parking passes sell out rather quickly, leaving folks scrambling to make arrangements.
Whether you are searching for a pass or your plans get cancelled and you'd like to sell your passes, this Facebook group is the place to post em up. If you aren't on Facebook and are looking to buy/sell a pass, pm me and I'll see if I can connect you with someone.

Group Rules:
-Keep posts specific to the group description.
-Be respectful.
-Be honest.
-NO SCALPING. This is NOT to try to take advantage of others. It is meant to help each other out.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/514079195605929/

Wow, hard to believe that 7 days from the time of this post, I'll be trying to catch a few 'winks' at the hotel after a 15 hour drive to through the night to Birmingham. ;D

See you at Barber in the afternoon!! 8)

The countdown continues...

Man this sounds like a fun way to spend a weekend! Just getting there and back from here in Montreal would be a riot. I hope next year I can make it down there, meet some of you guys and get a couple of rounds in.

Hope you guys all have a blinder!

It's worth it, I just came into some disposable funds so I am seriously considering the 2500 km drive because it is worth it.

I don't doubt that for a second Mike, from what I hear and from what you've told me this is one weekend not to miss. I was talking to a KLR mechanic here in MTL over the weekend who is a big fan of Barber too, seems all roads are leading in that direction at the moment! The missus and I just got back from a blowout visit back to the UK to visit family and friends so that may have scuppered any plans to get to the festival this year, perhaps next year I can make it happen.

Finally got my hands on an oil seal for the shifter pedal - Montreal asphalt, rejoice

Ha nice. Well if I can go we could meet in NH and travel from there and share the driving and the Gas $. if you headed south on the 90(I think) into Portsmouth area I go right through there on the 95.

Back
Top Bottom