MAY 2013 DO THE TON BIKE OF THE MONTH - VOTING

Vote!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tim

Administrator
Staff member
Vote!

Nominees - as always if you want a different picture in the poll just shoot me the link. Post up more pics, stories, etc. Convince people to vote for your bike - no negative campaigning :)

I knew the one I was going to vote on about 2 months ago as it was nearing completion... Glad it finally is here.

Hmmmmm... Let's see... Which one....

O'k, got it!! ;) :D

All of you have been a great help and valuable resource! Here are a couple pics in its "completed form"....for now haha
jens004.jpg

jens007.jpg

jens011.jpg

jens001.jpg

Let the campaigning begin!! Firstly, rep+ to Squirley and Frankenfe turning out truely awesome machines.

My old girl is a 79 GS750 that I chose because I liked the lines of cafe'd example I seen on the web. My dad and I have built some pretty cool projects over the years but I've always ended up selling them on and regretting it, I see this bike as something timeless which I can own and enjoy for many years. She looks fairly standard on face value, but a considerable amount of time and effort has gone into the build. 850cc comes by way of Wiseco pistons, Dyna takes care of the ignition with the addition of 3ohm coils, a super light weight Racing Battery is tucked away under the Vonzeti seat unit tidying up the rear end nicely. I was lucky enough to pick up a set of Akront rims built by Hagon off eBay, which I've wrapped in Bridgestone rubber. Other features include Tarozzi rear sets and those oh so beautiful Harrison Billet callipers.

Here are a few pics of the build and the final article to help you make you decision, thanks again for the nomination! 8)

Dec

DSCN0331.jpg

DSCN0452.jpg

DSCN0726.jpg

All the Funnin' aside from the Nomination page...I'm already a winner being nominated with such class builds.

It is what it is, my first real “Build”…… All done in my simple garage with what I had, A Hand Drill, Bench Mounted Grinder & Buffer, Harbor Freight Welder and Angle Grinder. There are a few universal parts on her, but with the Gen2 Honda twins, not being a popular platform to build a Café’ with, left “off the shelf” options minimal. It did create fun challenges to gather, adapt, repurpose and fabricate. I did outsource Powder Coat, Paint and Upholstery, I know my limitations.

I went for a Retro look with a handmade feel, something made with passion, in a guy’s garage.
A link to my build thread if interested: http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=20018.0

• Custom Steel Seat Pan & Upholstery, Uses OE attachment points, "Hump" from Chopped & Narrowed '78 CB400 Tank w Bullet Tail Light
• 1978 CB400T Fuel Tank, Knurled Aluminum Door Latch Button from Bicycle Seat Clamp
• CL77 Headlight w Vintage Style Neutral/Hi Beam Indicators & Headlight Switch
• Custom Bucket Mounted 1.9" Speedo & Tach / Dash
• Universal Chrome Headlight Brackets, Skinned In Aluminum Plate.
• Hand Made Steel License Plate Mount, (Sprocket Guard)
• Round Black Bar End Mirrors, Inside Control Mounted
• Under Seat Hump "Spot" light mounted to Illuminate License Plate
• Aluminum Electrical Tray/Battery Box
• Ignition Switch Mounted Under Seat
• Frame Mounted Starter Relay w Vintage Smooth Cover
• Horn Mount Moved Under Tank, Above Valve Cover

• Mikuni VM30 Carbs, & Stainless Fuel Line "Y", K&N Pod Filters with Stainless Clamps
• NGK Spark Plug Caps, NGK DR8EIX Iridium Plugs
• Dual Straight Exhaust, Left/Right Head Pipes Swapped to Route Under Engine, Mild Baffles, Grey Fiberglass Wrapped w Stainless Ties
• Mini Chrome Air Breather
• Oil Gauge, 100PSI
• Magnetic Drain Plug
• Laced Sprocket Cover w Aluminum “Modeling Mesh”
• Duplicolor Silver DE1650 on Case, Polished Covers, Natural Fins
• Clutch Plates & Heavy Duty Springs
• 530-104 O-Ring Chain

• De-Tabbed Frame, Drop Frame Filler Panels and "Lightning" Holes
• Powder Coat Frame, Lower Triple, Springs - Front & Rear
• CBR600 Rear Sets Welded Custom Linkage and Covers
• Billet Brake Adjust Knob

• CM400E Front Forks, Front Drum, 18" Front Spoked Wheel/Hub "Vented"
• 1971 CB350 18" Rear Wheel/Hub, Drum Brake "Vented"
• Suzuki 1968 T250 Upper Fork Springs, Cups & Guides
• Upper Triple with Shaved Bar Mounts & Polished
• 1981 CB750F Adjustable Rear Shocks (VHD 80 – 82)
• Shinko 712, 100/90-18 Front, 110/90-18 Rear
• 33mm Clip On Bars
• Fork Brace, Vintage Unknown
• NHK ODM-500, 6 Position, Steering Damper
• All Balls Tapered Stem Bearings

Attachments

• 032213163904.jpg
    032213163904.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 2,370
  • 032213164645.jpg
    032213164645.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 2,191
  • Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 2,338
  • Build (118)b.jpg
    Build (118)b.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 2,309
Sorry a couple more

Attachments

• Build (120).jpg
    Build (120).jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 2,271
  • Build (123).jpg
    Build (123).jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 2,494
  • Rear.jpg
    Rear.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 2,263
  • 032213164604.jpg
    032213164604.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 2,501
Quality builds all... I usually don't have such a hard time making a decision.

That is one clean Suzuki, and I've had a CM400 and know it's hard to make them look good. Mad props to both builds. But I gotta stay true to the smokers, so Squirley got my vote.

Well done to all the finalists, but it's Squirely's Kawasaki Triple that has my jaw on the floor. That is one serious show-stopping bike.

Wow.

Tim, not sure what the process is for nominating a build for bike of the month, but I'd like to nominate Viethorse's CX build, absolutely fantastic work. http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=40432.0

Karlloss said:
Tim, not sure what the process is for nominating a build for bike of the month, but I'd like to nominate Viethorse's CX build, absolutely fantastic work. http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=40432.0

Voting is already underway for this month. There will be a nomination thread in mid May (ish) for the June bike of the month. You can nominate it then. In the mean time, vote for Squirely's H1 ;)

Back
Top Bottom