1981 Yamaha XS1100 Uberbike-Project Juggernaut

My CF fairing finally showed today. First thing I noticed is that my turn signals wont work with it, they hit in multiple places, so I need something with a longer, thinner stalk. I also need to make a tab for one of the mounts on the fairing. Im pretty happy with it overall. Still needs some tweaking, but I think it will do. I moved the bike to have more room to work on it and cant really get a good angle on the front, so this is the best I can do right now.

67454b632b8c68bfb.jpg

67454b632b96b7cff.jpg

67454b632ba70b983.jpg

67454b632bb050f20.jpg

I got my swingarm pivot plate a few days ago. Its milled out of 3/8" steel and threaded through for the pivot axle. Im going to gusset and brace the hell out of it. I think it will do nicely. Ill have the monoshock mounting mocked up in the next few days too.

67454b7dd6d7ec749.jpg

67454b7dd6e052776.jpg

67454b7dd6e8d8cdc.jpg

67454b7dd73369941.jpg

Cool build. The shaft drive adds an extra bit of difficulty to the build. Those turn signals look like you could move them down and save them. Thats what I would do. just drill a hole through the headlight mounts and stick the stalk through. Keep it up.

thompsonmx100 said:
Cool build. The shaft drive adds an extra bit of difficulty to the build. Those turn signals look like you could move them down and save them. Thats what I would do. just drill a hole through the headlight mounts and stick the stalk through. Keep it up.

Actually I think Ill be OK on the signals. I originally bought a monster headlight bracket for a bike without the fairing and did not realize it. I found another one in better shape with the fairing tabs, already black, and with the gauge support structure attached for half what I paid for the first one. Now that I have the right brackets, it seems the signals should just barely fit.

I unfortunately have not made much progress on Juggy thanks to all my other vehicles deciding to hate me at once. But today I got some goodies in that Ive been waiting for. My slave cylinder mount and my upper triple.

Here's the salve cylinder mount. Its made from 5/16" aluminum and has fancy Ti bolts

slave%20mount%202.jpg

Here's the triple. 7076 T6, accomodates up to a 1-5/8" drop of the tubes to raise the front end since the Busa forks are so short. I need to shave a little here and there for final fitment, but overall Im happy.

triple%201.jpg

triple%202.jpg

triple%203.jpg

triple%204.jpg

man how did i miss this!!! glad to see ya on here, love the build been following it on th street fighter site!

Did you machine the top triple? If you did that is some clean work! Looks great and is a great idea to get a little extra clearance. Glad to see some more progress, keep it up!

Man this thing is fucken stupid hot!! Notify button is clicked, i'm grabbing a beer. Two thumbs up.

New bits are always fun!
That's pretty beefy looking, should hold up great, but since you mentioned
"shaving it down" in places....you might want to consider having radii machined in place of the sharp interior angles. As I said, that's a beefy chunk of 7xxx and probably not in any real danger of fracturing but......it'd suck if it did...

midnightcafe said:
apologies for resurrecting this thread, but have you had any progress??

As another XS11 guy, I keep hoping something will pop up here.

Was this FJR rear end swap onto an XS1100 ever finished? I'm building a similarly modified XS1100 and I'm wondering how the driveshaft / middle gear mod worked, if at all. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom