71 Indignant CB175 - Complete (w/ pics)!!!

Re: 71 Indignant CB175 - Almost Finished!!

The center stand pin and bits arrived late last night. I guess the FedEx guy was running behind. Everything looks great and I'll get it all cleaned up and painted this weekend! Thanks again!

As far as the bushings on the swingarm go, mine are still there but barely. They are pretty chewed up and probably not worth a damn. I'll eventually swap them out.

I got the 14.5" shocks mounted and they look great. The bike definitely has a better stance. There is just one modification I'd like to try on the seat pan before I call it finished. I hope to have pics by tomorrow night. We'll see.

71 Indignant CB175 - Almost Finished!!

Awesome man glad to know they fit. I'll drill mine out tonight.

Would you be willing to put up a pic of the bolt through the clevis so I can take a look on how to set mine up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: 71 Indignant CB175 - Almost Finished!!

1sttimer said:
Awesome man glad to know they fit. I'll drill mine out tonight.

Would you be willing to put up a pic of the bolt through the clevis so I can take a look on how to set mine up?

Sorry I just saw your reply. Hopefully this helps. The bolt is just pushed through the bushing and thread into the other side of the clevis.
IMG_1983.JPG

It has been hectic with the holidays and my things have been put on hold to get the house projects finished before family comes. The exhaust is sitting on the work bench waiting to go on and the center stand is in the vise waiting to be painted. So very close, but not complete yet.

You all have been waiting so patiently for quite some time. For me its been 2 years! So without further ado...here she is!

IMG_1989.JPG

IMG_1990.JPG

IMG_1991.JPG

IMG_1995.JPG

I'm sure I'll take more with the Mrs. on it and some videos once the weather becomes favorable again.

Cheers!

Thanks guys. I got around to look at some early pictures of the bike and the build and thought I'd share the transformation.

Before:
IMG_0040.JPG

After:
IMG_1995.JPG

It looks like you have spacers to get the exhaust to fit tighter in the muffler. Did you get those from
DCC and how did they work out? Did you have to clamp it all together or is it a pretty tight fit?

The spacers are from a buddy of mine. He had them laying around and I can't remember where he got them. They aren't a tight enough fit. I am going to wrap the exhaust where your leg would be and I may extend that to the mufflers and with the spacer plus the wrap, I may get the snug fit I want. The issue isn't the spacer, its that the muffler inlets are so much larger.

There are a few little things left to mess with, plus tuning. :p

SeekingZero said:
The spacers are from a buddy of mine. He had them laying around and I can't remember where he got them. They aren't a tight enough fit. I am going to wrap the exhaust where your leg would be and I may extend that to the mufflers and with the spacer plus the wrap, I may get the snug fit I want. The issue isn't the spacer, its that the muffler inlets are so much larger.

There are a few little things left to mess with, plus tuning. :p

Speaking of, what jetting are you going to start with?

1sttimer said:
Speaking of, what jetting are you going to start with?

Stock to start with, since I have a better flowing exhaust and increased airflow with the pods to match. I assume that it might be close. But we'll see. The only thing I'm worried about is lack of back pressure on the exhaust. I made need to get more constrictive baffles.

SeekingZero said:
You all have been waiting so patiently for quite some time. For me its been 2 years! So without further ado...here she is!

IMG_1989.JPG

IMG_1990.JPG

IMG_1991.JPG

IMG_1995.JPG

I'm sure I'll take more with the Mrs. on it and some videos once the weather becomes favorable again.

Cheers!

Looking over this build, I was never ever to find out what size front tire you chose. The build is beautiful, thanks for all the ideas for my recent acquisition of a 71 CL175.

The rear looks like 100/90-18 Michelin Pilot... Did you do 90/90 in the front?

Back
Top Bottom