The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

Please disregard measurements for vm22
They are for different Carby

Vm26 672u(chinese mikuni)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6atahajy.jpg

Still a Chinese version , sorry for confusion

Went for bigger diameter hoping for better top end

Should do my documentation better as I rely on my memory for tuning , a bad mistake.
a4yra5a8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey orrible
not worry thats all I really need to know that genuine gear fits!
think I will get a couple of sizes up and tinker ???
cheers ACeitup

My gut feeling with the 150 kit an VM22. It needs a 105 jet for the top end over 100 kph. My 100 jet in a VM22 runs very well at all other times. Just seems to running out of fuel at high speeds for the ACE.

Thought this might interest you guys.
I LOVE playing around on Adobe Illustrator.
When I was planning to buy an ACE50 a year and a bit ago, My patience ran dry so I drew a concept of how I wanted it on Illustrator.
It didn't go trough, and I bought a Yamaha FS1 instead, wich I'm now converting into a café racer-style.
To be seen here:
http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=60933.0

Attachments

• ACE50conceptsketch.jpg
    ACE50conceptsketch.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 925
Hope some of you who have fitted replacement speedo/tachos can help me....

I like the look of this product
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-Motorcycle-LCD-digital-speedometer-odometer-motor-bike-LCD-instrument/131207205575?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D24142%26meid%3D8623817513559898064%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D10240%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D10%26sd%3D141237288507

Just wondering how easily I would get the tacho and speedo working on it. Any thoughts? Or what intelligent questions should I ask the vendor?

Also wondering whether it is slightly large. It is 10cm diameter. How does that compare to other single units that any of you have fitted?

I am fitting a larger 7" headlight so perhaps it won't look too big??

Thanks
Richard

Attachments

• $_12.JPG
    $_12.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 876
Most of these things work well enough, but I wouldn't expect too much for $US69.90.

Probably the most important thing you need with it is an adequate wiring diagram, especially as the vendor's English skills seem not too good.

Crazy

I don't know of anyone who has tried it, but it's a good idea!

If you can get either cheaply enough it has got to be worth a try. They would definitely work better than the SkyTeam item.
It might involve a new mounting bracket, but shouldn't be a big deal.
I wish the idea had occurred to me!

Crazy

first mock fit of my aluminium 1960's spainish fairing. still waiting on a new bigger headlight and brackets, might have to move the speedo yet.

Attachments

• DSCF4997.JPG
    DSCF4997.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 337
  • DSCF4996.JPG
    DSCF4996.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 332
Hi Orrrible-64,
Rev counter looks good. I bought the same but have not mounted it yet. I would be interested to know how you mounted it onto the existing bracket, and how easy it was to wire up, along with the details of the LED lights. Also, is it accurate?!

No idea on accuracy yet as just finished in the shed at10pm, much to late to even test guage. Took off idiot light housing. The bracket requires .5mm removed from both left and right sides of crescent shaped part next to mounting holes.
Bracket supplied did not allow easy mounting option. Made a plate from it that went between mounting bolts on tacho. Drilled two holes between the mounting holes for tacho and mounted this to existing bracket with two small nuts and bolts.

These fasteners just fit in line with studs on tacho. . Attached tacho to this new mount and wired up. Will take some photos for you. Wiring is simple.

Orange and blue wires go to green and brown wires for speedo globe. No polarity .

Green wire goes to green wire in idiot light cluster( ground-ve)
Black wire goes to black wire in idiot light cluster(power when ignition is on+ve)
Yellow black wire goes to black yellow wire that is on coil ( signal)

This requires 6 female crimp connectors and one male 4mm I think??
Also some wire for extending signal wire to near coil and for "T " splices into loom at dash loom and splice into black yellow wire going to positive of coil

The led lights are polarity sensitive. And require a small amount of electronics to make them work. You may be able to get small indicator bezel globes that use 12v from an electronics shop. Would be easier. Don't mount where I did. Is ok but had to file out metal behind LEDs

Instead of that modern all in one guage I posted earlier, I am thinking about these.

And I would get custom background stickers made to change the look, perhaps Smith or T&T lookalikes made up by

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=23019.0

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-CB125S-CL125S-SL125-SL175-XL125-XL175-CB125-CG125-SPEEDOMETER-TACHOMETER-/360480333735

Attachments

• old honda guages.JPG
    old honda guages.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 817
joeylimzy said:
Anyone know the wiring of the speedo? i cant get the speedo wiring right. When im in neutral , the turn indicator light is working fine but when i engage to gear the indicator and hibeam light goes off together with the neutral light. below is the speedo i bought from ebay .

The positive electrode of the Neutral: Green line (will look at bike later and find line)
The positive electrode of the Headlight: Blue line other wire that goes to hi beam globe??????
The positive electrode of the Left turning: Yellow line( orange)

The positive electrode of the Right turning: Brown line (blue)
One of the Black line is the Negative electrode of three Indicators. (green line going to hi beam globe)
Backlight and pointers:
Positive electrode: Red line (brown line going to speedo globe)
Negative electrode: Another Black line (green wire going to speedo globe)

will Finnish on monday.
working 10 am to 12 am for next few days so can't get into shed to check..all off the top of my head so far

Just clicked those old honda cg125 gauges won't work on ace. The tacho looks like it needs a mechanical feed, not electrical.

Back
Top Bottom