What's going on now over at Ichiban Moto ?

Re: Ichiban Moto : Yamaha 500 cafe racer build

DreadRock said:
If this was a joke and yes now I think it is why would he be asking for parts in the selling
thread ?
just to cast doubt and it is working,id'nit?

I guess being mocked and made fun of is just being part of the group here :-\

I did read through all the comments and took many very seriously regarding safety issues with the front end of the bike...

jsharpphoto said:
This thread is just like all the other threads started by someone who just wanted a thumbs up, because they were going to do what they were going to do, regardless of how many people told them it was a bad idea. .... Now that everyone is "being mean", ichiban will probably just take his ball and go home, and make comments about us being bullies.
AzHonda said:
...... go write your own obituary. You are seriously scaring me. I retract my clubman bar offer. I do not want to contribute in any way when this all comes crashing down.
Green199 said:
...... a paper visor..... a fender that will give you metal splinters ....

I made a list based on what I read on the forum and looked through some other safety related threads. I now have the front end all buttoned up and safe. :D Now I can continue with my other modifications.

Here is the video on fixing up the front end :

http://youtu.be/i1OFhLuK_SE

This made my day,keep up the great work!!!

You might consider siping that front tire while you've got the razor blade out.

obviously the point of this is how members react to new guys who don't obviously know what they're doing and receive harsh comments instead of a helping hand. By far one of my favorite threads. So many fell for it,lol.

i'm glad you got to fix some of the safety stuff squared away, but dang bro....sanding with a wire brush upside down? and I hope you tightened those forks with a spanner or a ratchet, and not your locking pliers. I work as a safety officer in a construction site.....yikes ;)

Junior Burrell said:
obviously the point of this is how members react to new guys who don't obviously know what they're doing and receive harsh comments instead of a helping hand. By far one of my favorite threads. So many fell for it,lol.

I see it a bit differently, but, hey, everything is relative, right?

rufio said:
i'm glad you got to fix some of the safety stuff squared away, but dang bro....sanding with a wire brush upside down? I work as a safety officer in a construction site.....yikes ;)

the whole point of the last video is he actually did NOT cure the most glaring safety issues ;D ;D ;D

You guys must be a lot of fun at a comedy club

I retract all of my previous comments.

You have addressed all of the safety concerns and are well on your way to having a cool, badass cafe racer.

Rich Ard said:

I think what Rick is pointing out is that pointing things out makes them less funny.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH

Rich Ard said:

hmmm....everytime I go to a comedy club......I'm the dark Asian guy the guy up on stage pokes fun at. EVERY G-DAMN time. (I like the attention though ;) )

Not sure what I'm more anxious about, the next video or the reaction it brings. Think I've damn near had a tear in my eye from both.

It took me less than the first minute of the first video to know this was a skit. What is really scary was the number of regular members here who actually thought it was real. this thread is epic and all noobs should be forced to watch it.

Back
Top Bottom