Engine inspiration thread!

I found this on the web, it's an Alfa Romeo V-6
0906690-R1-037-17.jpg

where is everyone getting the allen key hardware kits for the 360 series engines? i got a 77 CJ360T and i really need some new "non phillips" hardware

thanks.
Dustin

crazypj said:
Nice cover on the 'oil boiler' ;)
who made the billet piece?

Circuit 1 made them but their old name back in the day was Billetech. He doesn't sell them retail but still has the programs to cut them and makes a few upon request. They are awesome pieces.

Hey guys, the only two-stroke can't be a boat motor. (not that boat motors aren't cool) This one is nearly stock inside.

IMG_4530.jpg

Seems like. Here is another, but on 34mm carbs. This engine is not stock on the inside!

IMG_0235.jpg

duggyb said:
where is everyone getting the allen key hardware kits for the 360 series engines? i got a 77 CJ360T and i really need some new "non phillips" hardware

thanks.
Dustin
dude i just went to fastenal. took my old bolts in and matched up the thread and length and it was like 7 bucks

teazer said:
That Y boot is the magic trick for all RD motors.

teazer, do you think those y boots would work on a 400f? If so it would probably save me money from buying 2 extra carbs.. just get two CR26 (maybe a size up?) instead of 4..

Good question if we think of it from a different perspective. I'm not a fan of single carbs for twins or twin carbs on 4s unless the crank is re-phased to suit and that isn't either practical nor a good idea in this case.

CR carbs are the ticket but they are not cheap and unless you are racing or have tons of surplus cash, there are other options. In the day, a set of 26mm (1") AMAL Concentrics were the way to go. Maybe there's a similar set of say Kawasaki KZ650 carbs that would work better than stock carbs. PJ probably has some ideas on that.

teazer said:
That Y boot is the magic trick for all RD motors.

Isn't it a stock Yamaha piece?
Damn, it's a long time since I worked on them
Should work to fit 2 filters on a 4?
Won't CB550F1/F2 carbs fit 400?
I've used Suzuki GP 100 or 125 carbs, use early CB750 1:4 throttle cable (doesn't hold sync very well though)

crazypj said:
Isn't it a stock Yamaha piece?

Yep, stock and still available from Yamaha on the unmounted engine. (NASA spec coupling to the air cleaner is made from baked bean can!)

This is the Bridgestone 200cc rotary disc valve twin two stroke engine that we built for the Bridgestone motorcycle we are restoring for Brother casi. Here is a link to the build if you would like to see all of the photos http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=32957.0

000_0016_zpsf6b2bdd8.jpg

000_0015_zpsc2f8e64b.jpg

000_0014_zps7f41fb83.jpg

000_0011_zps2edfb2fd.jpg

...............................and the kickstart that will probably snap then bite your ankles ;D

Back
Top Bottom