The new Harley "street"!

Sorry you got so pist adc i work in a union shop of 400 people and im one of two guys that are into vintage jap bikes in a sea of harley guys so that tends to affect my judgement. Annd if mild dyslexia is what someone wants to latch on to, ta down play me that fine. at 34 it isnt the first time ive heard is and i dont care.
for the most part i see a world full of sheep, i would rather be able to have a original idea and turn it into the koolest shit i can. Even if it means getting letters fucked up. Spell check this didtheton below me.

Not pissed. Just presenting a different perspective.

There actually IS a bike night I go to. The Philadelphia Riders is an email group, and we get together every Tuesday. Very few "posers and polishers" present. Only a couple guys that I can think of off hand that ride Harleys. Once has a 1958 FLH, almost totally original. (Very faded paint.) He also rides a BMW and has several Jap bikes. Another has a 1986 FLH. He puts just as many miles on his CB400f cafe as he does his Harley in spite of the fact that he weighs 300 lbs. His Honda took first place in its class in a local bike show, BTW.

Lots of guys at my local bike night ride vintage of all flavors: Brit, Jap, Italian, German. Even a couple Ural owners. It's a very diverse group that appreciates all bikes, so I don't really get the brand bashing that I see so much of on-line, because in real life, I see so little of it. One guy might show up on his prize winning RD400 one week, and show up on his prize winning Norton cafe the next week. One guy has won prizes with two of this three vintage Triumphs. He will probably take some prizes with his first Norton that he is building right now.

VonYinzer said:
you self important asshole.

I think that I can say without reservation that this, and whatever else you had to say, was completely unnecessary. But then, most of what you post is, as you seem to be fond of ad hominem attacks. I'd hate to live in your angry little World...

Dammit.

I deleted the post becaused I realized that it was unnecessary and overly angry. I deleted the post because there was really no need for it. Yet... You feel the need to respond anyhow. I think that proves my point better than the original post ever could have.

That said, this entire thing is ridiculous.

To the OP, sorry for the interruption.

To ADC, believe whatever it is you want to believe about me. I honestly couldn't care less. You stay on your lawn and I'll stay on mine, which will be as far away from yours as humaly possible. I promise.

Too bad I didn't quote your whole post in my response.

As a moderator on this forum, you should self-moderate BEFORE you hit the "Post" button.

Proves your point? What fuckin' point? Every post you've made in this thread has been pointless.

Brad and I engaged in spirited discussion, in good humor. You, on the other hand, hurl insults, call names and declare the irrelevancy of the thread altogether. If the thread is so irrelevant, why the fuck are you posting to it, multiple times, and getting your panties all in a wad, over what? Not even sure what your point is, but anytime someone begins a post with "Blah, blah, blah," you can pretty much expect a condescending put-down as de rigueur.

Doesn't speak well of your character, but it is what it is.

I love that hipsters have somehow become this mythical creature that embodies everything that is wrong with motorcycle culture (or any culture really).

ADC you're a treat. I know you're having a blast here, thinking you're pulling the strings from your high horse but it's getting pathetic. Stop.

^^^^^^^ :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:^^^^^^^ :) :) :) :) 8) 8)

Harley came first, 350 2nd, 750 3rd, and now the 100 (needs help), and am currently on the hunt for a 550

46,000 miles on the Harley(all mine), ride to DC every Memorial Day week, bike week in Daytona (spring) every year.

750 to work every most often, pretty much break it up between the two.

I don't know why I'm telling y'alls this.......oh well..................like travolta said in Wild Hogs

"i just want to ride....ride sally ride....."

Withers said:
I love that hipsters have somehow become this mythical creature that embodies everything that is wrong with motorcycle culture (or any culture really).

Hipsters wear all the same clothes I wear. Flannel shirts, work boots.
Difference is, I grew up with shit from the barn in the treads of my work boots. :)

If people were honest with themselves they'd realize we're all a little hipster.

Drink micro-brews? Hipster
Flannel shirts? Hipster
Beard? Hipster
Glasses? Hipster
Cafe Racer? Obviously a hipster
Skinny Jeans? Hipster
Funny hat? Hipster
Like coffee? Hipster
Like music? Hipster

Glasses are hipster? Hmm, I just thought I had bad genetics. I guess my 7-year old blind-as-a-bat self was just hipster all along.

Haven't we depleted the "fuck hipsters" talk yet?

This was my point in my (severely misunderstood) first post in this thread.

Do whatever you want. Ride whatever you want. Be whoever you want. As long as you're doing it for you, it's all good. Fuck everything else.

AlphaDogChoppers said:
Naw. All that means is that hipsters are just trying to be as cool as I have always been.

A good one liner came out of this thread. I'm happy.

1sttimer said:
Glasses are hipster? Hmm, I just thought I had bad genetics. I guess my 7-year old blind-as-a-bat self was just hipster all along.

It depends on the thickness of the frames :p

budlite282 said:
I don't know why I'm telling y'alls this.......

Because you are just chiming in that not all Harley owners are Harley snobs. Most of the Harley snobs are mid-life crisis guys who bought their first motorcycle when they were 50. Never owned anything else, and when they finally grew a set and started riding motorcycles, they had the money to buy whatever they wanted.

Most of them don't ride much, don't ride well, and don't know how to even do basic maintenance. That's OK, though, because after the two year warranty runs out, the bike hasn't even gotten enough miles on it for more than its first 1,000 service. They trade it in on a new one with a new warranty, and show it off at Hooters.

Back
Top Bottom