Thetoolman's 197? At1?!? Build

Pic 3

Attachments

• IMG_3322.PNG
    IMG_3322.PNG
    1.5 MB · Views: 221
I tried to drop my seat pan at the upholsterer on Saturday, we talked over what exactly I'm wanting and because I want my seat to angle at the front and back to match my tank and tail I had to make a few changes, So brought the bike up to work today to sort everything out. He needed me to box in the part I cut out for the rear tank mount and also extended it up to the tank, he also needed me to add an angle at the back that matches the angle of the cowl so when he puts the cover on it doesn't make the foam buckle.
The plan for the Upholstry is black leather with the center of the seating area to be white diamond stich and white piping. It should look great if it ends up what I'm seeing in my head.

Anyways, I got all that sorted and here's thefinished seat pan.

Attachments

• IMG_3327.JPG
    IMG_3327.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 223
Just finished up the seat mounts. Only things left to do on the frame should be to weld in the wiring tray and the mounts for the tail fiberglass. Then it will be ready for powdercoat.

Gonna try to get all of that finished up this week but family is coming into town so we will see.

Attachments

• IMG_3329.JPG
    IMG_3329.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 217
I spent the better part of last night trying to get the cartridge out of the lower forks and finally said screw it and dropped them off at my local mechanic to have him install my lowering spacers in the forks. I should be able to pick those up tomorrow along with my powdercoated parts so hopefully can get these forks back together next week.

Spent this morning sanding the frame getting everything smooth, it will be sandblasted and powdercoated so I only took it to 80 grit. Then shot a coat of black on it real quick to keep it from rusting.
I'm still trying to decide if I wanna mono shock the rear or not so I'm gonna wait a while to have the frame powder coated.

I also finished up my fiberglass tail pieces. I'm no fiberglass guy but I think these turned out pretty great. Just need to make my mounts for them and then they will be ready for paint.

Also I dropped my seat pan off to the upholsterer yesterday so should get that back next week.

Attachments

• IMG_3344.JPG
    IMG_3344.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 210
I wasn't able to get a whole lot done over the weekend due to having family in town but I was able to do a little bit.

I tried and tried to get the cartridges out of the lower forks to install the lowering spacers last week but couldn't get it done so I took them over to my local motorcycle tech who does just about everything for me that I can't. Anyways, I picked them up from him Friday morning and picked up my powdercoated parts from the coater. Got the forks put back together and that's about it.

My new steering stem bearings should be here tomorrow, my wheel spokes should be here next week and I need to paint the lower lugs on the forks gloss black. Other than that the front end will be completely done.

Here's a pic of the forks, the picture doesn't really do them justice, they kinda look brown but are actually a dark copper with a bit of flake in it.

Attachments

• IMG_3362.JPG
    IMG_3362.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 230
Also... I have changed up what I'm gonna do with the rear suspension, I will be using a pull style shock from a buelll and mounting it under the engine. Because of this my swingarm design will have to change and I'll probably be cutting off the down tubes on the subframe and bending up some new ones to kind of change up the look back there.

More on this in a few weeks after I buy the shock.

Back
Top Bottom