uploadfromtaptalk1432561438960.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 326
  • uploadfromtaptalk1432561447267.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1432561447267.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 312
  • uploadfromtaptalk1432561455271.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1432561455271.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 313
Thanks for the info Trek. The main problem I have right now is that I can't get it to stay running. Once I figure that out, I'll go over the steps you posted. One question, how do you check the rpm without a tachometer?

The screw on the side is the idle set screw. The screw pointing downward is for adjusting the fuel mixture. Therefore, out is rich and in is lean.

You can do it by ear but since you're new....I unno. Some timing lights have rev counters built in and there are digital tachs online for about $15.

Turn the fuel screw all the way in and turn it out two full turns. That should be decent enough to start it.

Turn the idle screw out and then turn it in until you just feel it touch the slide. Turn it in one turn.

While starting it, play with the throttle to find the right spot to keep it running. Hold the throttle grip in that position and turn the idle screw in until you hear the idle raise. Now you can release the grip and use the idle speed screw to adjust idle.

Try to keep it idling pretty low and know that no adjustment that you make will actually be worth a crap unless the bike is at full operating temp.

Thanks Redliner, I'll get on that this afternoon. I appreciate the help guys. My daily rider is a fuel injected inline 4 that I only do basic stuff, oil changes, air filter, wheel removal, etc. I haven't had carbs on a bike to play with in 9 years. I didn't need to play with the ones on my last bike except cleaning once in a while.

Wow that carb dont look nothing like mine. Mine is identical to the stock carb I took off.

I dont know what the heck you got there.

JB77 said:
Thanks Recliner, I'll get on that this afternoon. I appreciate the help guys. My daily rider is a fuel injected inline 4 that I only do basic stuff, oil changes, air filter, wheel removal, etc. I haven't had carbs on a bike to play with in 9 years. I didn't need to play with the ones on my last bike except cleaning once in a while.

HA LOL...he called you "RECLINER" ! LOL

No I know it stinks to eat parts.

But, If I were you...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-CL100-Scrambler-Carburetor-Carb-CL100S-CL100S2-CL100S3-NEW-/191579618079?vxp=mtr&hash=item2c9b08fb1f

I bolted mine on yesterday. 5 minutes to tweak and rode several miles around town. thats all I got to say about that.

For $52 bucks and free shipping...you really cant beat that.

AND it came out of the box w float preset to perfect 24mm ;D

Giving up on starting her today. Had it run for about 15 seconds, but it wouldn't hold. I'll try again tomorrow.

Not pretty, but this will get the job done until I find a tail light/plate holder that I like and will work with the 6volt system.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1432647021501.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1432647021501.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 312
Been thinking about that eBay carb trek bought. My only concern is this bike came with a pod filter, no stock airbox. So if I bought the replacement carb, I would probably still need to get the next size up main jet from what I have read. And probably still have a bit of trouble to tune it just right.

These two bikes were on a job I worked today. 1975 cb200, and a 1966 160. Cool dudes. I told them to check out the forum.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1432973898715.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1432973898715.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 284
JB77 said:
Been thinking about that eBay carb trek bought. My only concern is this bike came with a pod filter, no stock airbox. So if I bought the replacement carb, I would probably still need to get the next size up main jet from what I have read. And probably still have a bit of trouble to tune it just right.

I will try to take a minute and measure the main jet (unmarked) in the new carb and compare it to the old stock carb. The jet looks like the same from the 360 carbs. Ill check that also.

Back
Top Bottom