Bolts

wfo guy

Been Around the Block
This isn't so much about fasteners as much that I tried a new vendor. I wanted metric button head stainless stuff. I didn't need 50 of each. I found a place that would do small orders with no minimum charge or handling fees. I used Boltdepot.com and was pleased with their website, ease of ordering, good service. Where I live, you can't run to the store and buy any metric fine thread anything. These guys have earned a thumb's up from me. All the bolts were packed in small bags and labeled as to the part and quantity. :)

Alloy Boltz:

http://www.alloyboltz.com/catalog/index.php

Absolutely excellent!

In NJ Sears Hardware Stores (Not the big stores, the hardware only ones) have an extensive stock of SS and regular metric and SAE bolts, nuts and washers.

About 1/3 of the SS on my bike is from Sears. The rest is from AlloyBoltz...

NvgtrWiggles said:
Fastenal is a good place if you can find one.

Fastenal in my area doesn't stock open packages. if you want just one they special order it (3 days) and charge $10 S/H. I ordered 2 SS 4-40 x 1/4" at $.0668 ($.13) and 2 SS 4-40 x3/16" at $.0756 ($.15) for a total of $.28. When they arrived and I looked at the invoice it was $10.37, WTF. I talked them down to $1 S/H or they could just put those 4 items in their inventory. It also pissed me off that they charge sales tax on S/H. Fastenal is my last resort go to place.

Back
Top Bottom