Which can? Opinions please!!

anarki650

Been Around the Block
So I find myself in the age old debate of keep the no baffle pipe and piss off my neighbors and risk the wrath of Johhny Law or do something a little trick and put the can off my old FZR back on the bike. I ran the FZR can for awhile last season but changed it back to the no baffle MAC can after almost getting creamed twice in a short ride (my thought was goddamn it sons of bitches see if you can't hear me now). Anyway, my avatar pic is the MAC pipe and here's a pic of what the FZR pipe looked like when I was running it. (It would be WAY cooler if I could get an elbow in the pipe to kick it up at a good angle, but not sure how to do that...)

Thoughts? Opinions? Remember, the bikes going to be running clubmans and a custom built solo seat/tail section and be painted a cheaters version of candy orange.

Ah, come on peeps, 21 views and only one vote!?!?!? What's that all about?
Here's a shot of the cafe in progess with the MAC if that makes decisions any easier for you non-voters out there....

Since you're lookin for opinions Ive got some.

If you're looking for a more modern look then sport the FZR can, because it's definately not cafe looking; more of an 80's superbike feel I think.

If you want a caff look ditch the mac, or atleast the mac's muffler, and get a shortie cone or reverse cone from jc whitney, 'cause theres something about that mac that is just plain f'ugly.

Hey,

I like the 'all black' look of the MAC. Can you find an internal baffle to fit that pipe? I might try to cut the tail piece back some to make it look a little more retro. That may not be practical though.

The old Yosh 4 into 1 for the Z1, CB's and the GS's was the classic 70's pipe, in my opinion. They have a short tail piece with a baffle that ends just behind the right footpeg. :-*

As far as I can remember, aluminum cans came on the scene around '80 or so.

Either way, it's a tough call! It seems like 'compromise' always enters into it! :p

Good luck! :D

Drewski said:
Hey,

I like the 'all black' look of the MAC. Can you find an internal baffle to fit that pipe? I might try to cut the tail piece back some to make it look a little more retro. That may not be practical though.

The old Yosh 4 into 1 for the Z1, CB's and the GS's was the classic 70's pipe, in my opinion. They have a short tail piece with a baffle that ends just behind the right footpeg. :-*

As far as I can remember, aluminum cans came on the scene around '80 or so.

Either way, it's a tough call! It seems like 'compromise' always enters into it! :p

Good luck! :D

I like the black too, I just think the pipe is too long and has a wierd looking shape.

hmm...

I think that what you need is a set of enormous bosozuku pipes

like 12 pipes, preferably in a star, or lightening shape and no baffles in any of em

:D

just my opinion

or just the FZR can pointed up

I've been trying to figure out how to put an elbow in the FZR pipe since I started toying with the idea of putting it on in the first place last year. The pipe off the can bolts directly up to the MAC header and with some loosening of mount points I got the can hung without looking like it was dragging. If I could get it cocked up at a wicked angle I'd be totally in love with the look, but I'm not sure that I'll be able to pull that off so I'm in the great debate of trying to figure out which of these two options is the best...
I might look at the MAC can and spec it to see if it's the same diameter running up the length of the can. If so, I could cut some length off it and pop the end cap back in (that's how I'm running it now so it has a little bit of back pressure anyway...cut the baffling off the end cap so unless I get ahold of a new baffle from MAC I'm SOL as far as re-baffling that pipe).

locO leoN said:
How about a Turn-out?

Oh please...

Hey, can you get the pipe to a shop that bends exhaust pipes? You might have to cut it and slip fit it back together, but that might 'get it bent' for ya.

I did this with my KZZXR project to get the pipe kicked up to parallel the angle of the tail.

anarki650 said:
You sir, are a genius!! I like the way you think!!!

Careful... you're gonna make me blush!! ::)

Have fun with it!

Back
Top Bottom