www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

GET DTT UPDATES ON FACEBOOK AND TWITTER

Author Topic: Let's see your pickup trucks  (Read 51040 times)

Offline B541Niner

Re: Let's see your pickup trucks
« Reply #285 on: Jan 19, 2017, 20:50:11 »
Certified Zip Tie Mechanic

1987 ZG1000

Offline willybo

« Reply #286 on: May 18, 2017, 03:13:53 »
95 Tacoma prerunner. 2.4L 5 speed. Great bike hauler with low bed height and get 27mpg on the freeway. Coming up on 350000 miles with only routine maintenance since new. I love this truck.

Nice truck. Is that a backrack headache rack or a custom one? I want to install a headache rack with rails on my rig also.

Offline ApriliaBill

• Yeah...I'm old school.
« Reply #287 on: May 18, 2017, 14:52:10 »
My new toy. 85 Dodge 4x4. Just an old farm truck that the family took pretty good care of. Very decent original interior. The window motors are tired, but she runs and shifts like new. The con, it's only a 318, but if I ever win the lotto it'll get a 12 valve. I felt sorry for the GMC always waste high in the mud, so I'm giving it to my kid and use this ol' girl for the fishin holes. I decided to teach my wife to off road, and took her to a spot out in the boonies (Cutter Dam) and she had a blast and was blown away by the sites at Cutter. We had to head back after getting caught in a thunder storm with zero visibility. She never even hiccupped, went through the slosh and mud without issue. Definitely would like more h.p. but for now, it'll be just fine...
"Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for by this some have entertained angels without knowing it."

Online irk miller

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • You've been mostly-dead all day.
« Reply #288 on: May 18, 2017, 15:03:51 »
The con, it's only a 318, but if I ever win the lotto it'll get a 12 valve.
Plenty to work with there, Bill.  It's still an LA.  In 85, they went to roller lifters.  For a few hundred bucks in a cam, you can make it a torque monster.  Does it still have the stock 2bbl?  Cop cars had the Thermo-quad or Quadrajets on their 318s.

Offline ApriliaBill

• Yeah...I'm old school.
« Reply #289 on: May 18, 2017, 15:23:29 »
 Looks to be a 2 barrel Holley. Originally it was bought by a guy who then sold it to his brother and then passed to a son in law. The truck didn't run very well, but it wasn't making any noises, so I brought it home.

A base gasket (the carb was loose on the manifold) and a new air cleaner and she ran just fine. I haven't been able to check the plugs or vacuum lines yet. I might be able to find another 20 h.p. if I got her tuned properly. I think these things were only rated at about 180 h.p. and she definitely isn't a rocket, but climbs through the muck without hesitation.

I've been told to hide the hood ornament, before it ends up around some thugs neck... I think my next purchase is a seat cover to protect the prestine baby blue cloth seats. The second owner moved the high beam button to the dash and has rear brake light kill switch (can you say deer poacher...).

I was looking to get a new truck, but the prices are insane (more than my house in some cases) and I don't know why, but I get a smile every time I look at this beast. She needs a few pieces but nothing major and think this is a really good fit for me as a daily driver.  The $ was less than the tax on a new truck and $180 for two years of tags. I'll just put that extra cash in my retirement account and laugh all the way down these country roads...
"Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for by this some have entertained angels without knowing it."

Offline Garc

« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 20:54:42 by Garc »
XS 750/850 Triple Shaftjacker

Offline Tune-A-Fishİ

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • BOTM LOSER Proudly Deplorable
« Reply #291 on: May 19, 2017, 12:17:50 »
$31.500 and its yours 28K Miles

"I didn't come here and I ain't leavin"  Willie Nelson

"love hard, live fast, die fun" Kacey Musgraves

"Like a Wreckin Ball!" Eric Church

Offline WhyNot

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • ~~~If it ain't raining, I'm riding~~{iii}?~~prost~
« Reply #293 on: May 19, 2017, 14:58:13 »
Had to give up on the MM and D50...and broke down and bought a new to me truck.

Just ran out of nails to bite on the way to work and home again.

2015 Toyota Tacoma.....but.......a month into owning it, was heading to Jacksonville, just getting onto I16 south of Stateboro, the first picture shows what happened......................blowout.....................lucky was not going fast.

Daughter, God bless her soul, said "dad, don't plug that hole, put all new ones on".

So, Now I'm riding with 4 new BFGs.

And I do like that truck up there too Tune.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 15:00:32 by WhyNot »
2006 Harley Davidson Heritage Softail
1975 Honda CB750K5 needs carb work
1974 Honda CB350F2 needs tins painted exhaust
1972 Honda CB175K2 roller no engine
1972 Honda CB/CL350 Engines need roller
1972 Honda CB100K2 needs kicker shaft
1990 Mitsubishi MM needs engine rebuild

Online advCo

• DTT BOTM WINNER
  • Nick Ol' Eye
    • adventur Studios
« Reply #294 on: May 19, 2017, 19:36:25 »
put all new ones on

So, Now I'm riding with 4 new BFGs.

Great advice, right there!
"He broke the mirrors off his Cadillac, 'cause he doesn't like it looking like he looks back."

74 CB360 - Luna - http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=63294.0
82 GS550L - Tracker-ish - http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=67229.0
74 XL350 - The Turd - http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=70252.0
Suzuki FA50 "No-Ped" - http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=71189.0