ULTRASONIC CLEANING YOUR CARBURETOR???

getindachoppa

Been Around the Block
HAS ANYONE HAD ANY EXPERIENCE WITH USING AN ULTRASONIC CLEANER ON THEIR CARB? IS IT WORTH IT? YOU CAN GET ONE FROM HARBOR FREIGHT FOR ABOUT 90 DOLLARS THAT MIGHT BE BIG ENOUGH FOR MOST MOTORCYCLE CARBS.

Okay I got to ask you guys this! Is the ultrasonic cleaner better than carb cleaner and a blow gun? What are the benefits of it compared to the traditional elbow grease methods?

Ultrasonic it the best. not only does the finish of the carbs come up sweet. all those little orifices that you"thought" you blew out just because air was coming through them are REALLY cleaned.

it vibrates at very high frequencies and actually removes oxidization.

the 78 KZ 650 I had I worked and worked and cleaned and blew the carbs till I was sick. It still never ran well. all original configuration and OE kits. 5 minutes in the ultrasonic and it was a done deal.

ran like a bike of the showroom floor.

oh and BTW your caps lock is on when you type subjects.

I have my own shop and dirty carbs is one of the biggest things people bring there bikes in to me for. Right now I am doing everything the old school way. Re-lapping valves by hand, basic hand tools, and no special machines. So far its worked great, but would like to get new tools.

Heres a recent discussion on ultrasonic cleaners...

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=53715.msg604105#msg604105

I bought one of the Harbor Freight ultrasonic cleaners. It works awesome! Before using, I soak the carbs in Pine-Sol for a day or so to get them clean. Distilled water in the ultrasonic cleaner is preferred, as it has no minerals. You think your carbs are spotless until the ultrasonic cleaning, and even more junk comes out. Pretty amazing, and definitely the preferred method of cleaning. Here is a link to a video I posted on carb cleaning: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sfOhvdIWTc

Check your dentist office next time you are in for a cleaning and see if they have an old one in the back that they want to get rid off cheap. How I got mine for free. ;)

lingo said:
Check your dentist office next time you are in for a cleaning and see if they have an old one in the back that they want to get rid off cheap. How I got mine for free. ;)

Sweet! So you got the one that had years of dirty used bloody bio-hazardous tools put in to it for cleaning before they sterilized them?! Yum! Enjoy! ;)

reds said:
Sweet! So you got the one that had years of dirty used bloody bio-hazardous tools put in to it for cleaning before they sterilized them?! Yum! Enjoy! ;)

Carbs are immune to blood borne pathogens....lol

I JUST SOAK ALL MY CARBS IN MURIATIC ACID LEAVE EM IN FOR 3 DAYS ALL PASSAGES CLEAN WORKS GREAT YUO SHOULD TRY IT IM AN EXPERT TRUST ME ASK ME SOMETHING ELSE I KNOW WAHT IM TALKING ABOUT

Branson professional lab grade cleaner. If you have to ask how much, you can't afford it..... :)

Takes a lot longer than 5 minutes in mine, but too long or the wrong mix of chemicals and carbs turn black

Muriatic acid is a sure fire way to remove all the material around the passages and leave them free to breathe. I have never tried it on Mazac but it works a treat on Aluminum smeared on plated bores.

I know this is an old thread but I just wanted to say toilet bowl cleaner does wonders for brass jets. But please don't leave them soaking too long, and wear appropriate protective equipment. AND DONT BREATHE THAT STUFF!
also i strip wires and use a single thread to clean the jets thoroughly, it works great and therevare so many different gauges of wire you can use.

Back
Top Bottom