3DogNate's 1969 Triumph Bonneville T120R Resoration

As soon as shes a roller, Im driving over after work to see her.

Yes, you can consider that a threat if it makes you feel better. ;)

trek97 said:
As soon as shes a roller, Im driving over after work to see her.

Yes, you can consider that a threat if it makes you feel better. ;)

Pshhh you ride a Honda... you meet the nicest people on a Honda. don't you know that?

New lift is in the garage.... Gonna save my knees and back for sure and maybe even keep my tools outta the floor...

Harbor Freight opened here yesterday; I'm headed over today to haul home a truckload of stuff.

The lift is item #1 on my list.

grandpaul said:
Harbor Freight opened here yesterday; I'm headed over today to haul home a truckload of stuff.

The lift is item #1 on my list.

Cool... It's 320lbs in the crate... Bring a buddy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duchat said:
Maybe a couple of them

HF guys loaded it for me... I managed to get it out of the truck by myself but it sucked...

Surprise.... My gauges came back from Bob Carter in Portland today. :) Damn things are new... Look at em.... Just look at em....

looks like things are moving along quickly, the rims cleaned up very nicely! now im really missing that bike!

3DogNate said:
Surprise.... My gauges came back from Bob Carter in Portland today. :) Damn things are new... Look at em.... Just look at em....

Caution: Avoid looking directly at the gauges. Without required eye protection. 8)

grubble said:
now im really missing that bike!

Nate, you're making this look as if its easy and fun!

When was the last time you rode it? Im assuming you're not talking about missing the big pile of parts.

trek97 said:
Nate, you're making this look as if its easy and fun!
Im assuming you're not talking about missing the big pile of parts.

I'm assuming he ain't missing the rapid departure of $$$ from his bank account either.
grandpaul said:
Easy, fun, and CHEAP!

Yes, yes, and aw hell no. I'm just glad I'm not paying others to do most of this stuff. I don't see how non-diy'ers can even remotely hope to get a restoration done and come out anywhere near restored value on these or really any other bike.

And Grandpaul... You've done enough Brit bikes to know that there is no Cheap.... Only relatively cheap... $20 for a pair of pinch bolts... $10 for fork seal washers... Etc that shit adds up fast...

3DogNate said:
And Grandpaul... You've done enough Brit bikes to know that there is no Cheap.... Only relatively cheap... $20 for a pair of pinch bolts... $10 for fork seal washers... Etc that shit adds up fast...

Don't you know it, brother! Be thankful you aren't building a Norton. End caps for isolastic mounts, with shims and washers, plus a few small seals and rubber mounts for oil tank, pair of ignition pillar bolts, and a few headbolts = $250!!!

So, YES, Triumphs are RELATIVELY cheap to restore...

Here is a pic of my friends George and Garry over last night helping get my front end together. It went together pretty well... Though we fought an aftermarket stem nut for a while... Had to give up on that and use the old dinged up one until I can get a new one sorted. But they helped identify my frame bolts for me... So a little work cleaning and plating those and I will have the frame together. Garry brought over some specialized tools to make the process go well.

I fought fork installations on Britbikes for 15 years, the last 10 have been MUCH easier with the installation tool that threads down into the tube and pull it up through the top yoke.

grandpaul said:
I fought fork installations on Britbikes for 15 years, the last 10 have been MUCH easier with the installation tool that threads down into the tube and pull it up through the top yoke.
Yeah... You can see that tool installed in the left fork and in use in the first pic with Garry and George. Nice tool for sure... I plan to fabricate my own version with an extra fork nut and some threaded rod.

Back
Top Bottom