Montreal Manchild with an '81 Honda CB750K

Dame here 30+ c and cold beers. Put it up on a crate or a few stacked 4*2 so you and get the swinger and front end on without drama. A bike lift fron ct 70% off is great too. Or pri cessauto they both do them cheap. I got a harborfreight suoer cheap before xmass and my gl sits on the both front and back off the ground to nake repairs easier.

Something like this bad boy? -

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/motomaster-motorcycle-atv-jack-1500-lbs-0091015p.html

$75? $103? Shit man I'm shopping in the wrong place. $159 it's listed for, I'll see if I can find one for cheaper but at CT $159 is all they got

If you have a beam off the ceiling you can use a couple of ratchet straps to hoist it up while you put on the suspension.

No beams in the ceiling man, not much ceiling in the ceiling truth be told. Things falling down around my ears...

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Unless you have a big fat cruiser that you want to change tyres on every 2nd weekend you probably wont use that lift ever again.

Get a milk crate.

Canadian Tire had a sale on the lift (well, I hammed it up and blagged a good discount) and scored a lift...

Damn this thing is great. Smoother than a freshly buttered bannister and making my life a ton easier. Good call

Lookin good jimbo. I got a couple of those lifts. One has outriggers on the side that fold in for extra stability, pretty cool and I got that one for free. I use it all the time.

Nice I got my GL sitting on mine and can move it all over if Im careful. Makes life easier if you need to do anything to the wheels and tires.

Got my wheels laced up today - took a few wrong turns but got there in the end. Found a great vid on YouTube (thank Christ for YouTube) and got her done.

Now to true them. Called the local garage who quoted me up to $375 for the job - well that ain't gonna happen. How else can I go about it?

The Jimbonaut said:
Now to true them. Called the local garage who quoted me up to $375 for the job - well that ain't gonna happen. How else can I go about it?

I bought a truing stand on Amazon for $40. You can get a dial indicator with a magnetic base on Amazon or eBay for $20. Together with a wrench, you can do them yourself. It's harder to put them together than to true them.

The Jimbonaut said:
Thanks man, I'll look into it. What exactly is the dial indicator with magnetic base?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SHARS-Magnetic-Base-Holder-Stand-Fine-Adjustment-w-1-Dial-Indicator-NEW-/331114595341?hash=item4d17f7c40d:g:CVYAAOSwv0tVHcHR

The Jimbonaut said:
Haha! I literally have no idea what I'm looking at

the dial indicator has a little pointer on it that you put against the edge of the rim and as you spin the rim on the build stand it will indicate on the gauge how much run out (or sideways warp) there is, you then adjust the spokes until the runout is trued out. the base of the indicator is magnetic so that it holds in place rather than having the uneven-ness of the rim pushing the whole apparatus away (if that makes sense, not sure I explained that bit very clearly)
also if you put the pointer on the outer edge of the rim it will indicate ovalness that can be adjusted out in the same way

Gonna need to look into this whole procedure a lot more...

Would this thing to the job? I'm thinking to use axel stands to hold the thing up -

https://www.amazon.ca/Pit-Posse-Motorcycle-Balancer-Balancing/dp/B004MSYQBU/ref=pd_cp_263_4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=EYQPZXBRSVQ5KGKKSBVY

And would I be able to use the magnetic dial indicator thingy with it?

Back
Top Bottom