Montreal Manchild with an '81 Honda CB750K

And yeah man thanks for the invite - if I can play the angles to make that happen then I'm all over it. Beer, bikes and good people - never gets old

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Nice work Jimbo! She sounds beautiful!
Always strange hearing a forum friend's voice for the first time - we always speak in text form.
For example, I'm sure you said somewhere that you were a Montreal transplant from England, and you just mentioned Goodwood as if you still lived there but, I was still half expecting a French-Canadian accent in your vid ;D

Nice work finding the vacuum leak at the carb insulators

Thanks felllas, it's taken a while to get here but it's cool to see everything coming together the way I saw it in my head when I started out. Will be working on the seat next week, bit more wiring and still have to hook up the front brake line, do a vacuum synch etc but jonesing now to get Rhonda's rubber on the road.

By the way Cookie I'm from the UK originally but moved to Montreal with my Canadian wife a few years back. You can take the boy out of England but you can't take England out of the boy...

Thanks man, very cool of you. No way I'd've got this far without you guys so this bike is very much a joint effort.

Got a plan for the seat which hopefully will look pretty sharp, will be working on that this week. Trying to work a bullet casing into the starter button too, give new meaning to fire her up

Cutting that thing out with a dremel took a while. Sorry neighbours

The Jimbonaut said:
Cutting that thing out with a dremel took a while. Sorry neighbours

Eeew. Your garage must have sounded like the dentist office in Hell; bet your ears were ringing afterwards, too!

Nice looking final product though

Had too much material on the pan (I'd cut it a little too large) so spent a few hours trimming it down.

If hell has a house band then a bastard file on 16 gauge sheet steel would be leading the rhythm section. Awful.

This arrived this morning -

- need to re-thread the hole for the cam chain tensioner bolt. Wish me luck...

Got the timesert installed with a buddy, no problem. Slow and steady and lots of grease, worked a charm. Love things that have one job to do and do it with aplomb. Hoorah.

Vacuum synched the carbs too, Rhonda's full of voice. Neighbour dude stuck his head in the fume-filled garage half way through, turns out he owned a '74 CB750 in '75 and rode that thing from Montreal to California and back. His smile was almost as big as mine. One guy I definitely do not have to apologise to for the noise

Not sure why but seems to be a lot of play in my rear brake - in other words I have to press the pedal down a long way before the brake bites. Here's where my adjuster nut's at -

Not sure if it's the nut that needs to be screwed in further or the small bolt/nut limiter behind the pedal itself.

I know the brake pads have got plenty of meat on them so it's not that.

Any pointers?

Screw that adjuster in as far as it will go until you get a good pedal feel. Did you replace the shoes? There is also a spec usually printed inside the brake panel or hub itself that tells you the max diameter of the stopping surface. Yours may be worn out of spec.

usually theres a dot on the brake activating lever on the back hub that lines up with the dot on the actuator cam itself (which is visible in the pic). I can't see the one on the lever but you could try moving the lever back a notch or two on the splines and then setting all the adjustments again. might work

The definition of dipshittedness (one of them anyway) is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. I'll stand up and be counted in that department when it comes to front brake calipers and their *^%#ing dust seals.

After a week (easily) and repeated (identical) attempts, turns out I was putting the damn thing on upside down.

Some mothers do have 'em.

Flipped it over (cheers Mark from Brakecrafters, what a legend) and this happened -

- beauty

Back
Top Bottom