Anybody in the four corners area?

Moto1980

Been riding cafe's for year's. Still haven't found anybody to ride the Loop or what everyone else who doesn't ride call the million dollar hiway. Rockey Mountain Roads. Twisties, . Not so much fun when everyone you now rides cruisers. Lame.

Sent from my SM-J100VPP using DO THE TON mobile app

Moto1980 said:
Been riding cafe's for year's. Still haven't found anybody to ride the Loop or what everyone else who doesn't ride call the million dollar hiway. Rockey Mountain Roads. Twisties,
emoji2.png
. Not so much fun when everyone you now rides cruisers. Lame.

I've ridden the loop a few times on my ZRX. Hell of a road, watch for RV's!!!

I've driven to Ouray, only because we hadn't been here long. The wife said we're riding up there this year. It does get a little touristy up that way, I actually had to pass a group of Harley's, they were just soooo slow. I think they were not familiar with the road and taking it easy. There is a great Burger place in Ouray (Maggies) I highly recommend the 420 burger. There is another good loop, the 64 east, take the turn off to Navajo Lake, take that out to Ignacio, from there you can head into Durango or back into N.M. Watch for cattle, maybe bring a telescopic fishing pole and hit some trout on the river. You could also ride the 64 out to Dulce (where there were Alien shootouts in the 70's, look it up) this takes you through the Carson forest. This is a cool place ride.....

I dont mean to resurrect an old thread, but I too am wondering about riders in this area. I'm in Aztec NM, any riders in the Farmington area?

I spent some time in Window Rock AZ back in 1991 - lived there for 3 months over a summer. Never made it to Aztec but I recall time near Shiprock and I went to the flea market in Gallup a few times.

Drove to Pheonix one weekend to see Blues Traveller open up for the Allman Brothers - that was something else (outdoor venue).

This past summer I took the family to California for a couple of weeks and we made the drive to the Grand Canyon but I need to get them further West into the real South West :)

I'm in Albuquerque but my wife and I ride up through Aztec up to Colorado every year. Aztec is a nice little town.

Back
Top Bottom