www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

GET DTT UPDATES ON FACEBOOK AND TWITTER

Author Topic: The Ducati Ebay Special  (Read 4516 times)

Online jag767

Re: The Ducati Ebay Special
« Reply #105 on: May 16, 2017, 19:10:52 »
I don't know, that orange really wakes it up! I like the titanium, but I'd keep the current paint.

Bleh I hate the orange, I want it gone badly!

Online jag767

« Reply #106 on: May 17, 2017, 12:52:35 »
Mixed up some paint abd laid it out. Lots of sanding and buffing later i got this:

Offline stroker crazy

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • crazy as a fox
« Reply #107 on: May 17, 2017, 19:09:04 »
Much better than the orange!

Crazy
“Ride like the Wind” W.H.

Online jag767

« Reply #108 on: May 17, 2017, 19:47:43 »
I concur. I have to do the tank yet. So the mystery part showed up. I can't get a photo that really shows it well, looks awesome in person, going to keep it for sure. Once i get it 100% fit properly Thatll get painted as well

Offline stroker crazy

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • crazy as a fox
« Reply #109 on: May 17, 2017, 20:14:04 »
Looks good!

Crazy
“Ride like the Wind” W.H.

Offline Alex jb

« Reply #110 on: May 18, 2017, 16:27:51 »
Like the flake black, but liked the orange too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Rusnak_322

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
    • STUNT BIKE
« Reply #111 on: May 18, 2017, 17:14:55 »
I like orange, jut not THAT orange.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Offline brad black

« Reply #112 on: May 18, 2017, 19:13:42 »
where'd the fairing come from?  i bought one of these some time ago, but it seems a bit narrow and low for the monster forks/triple clamp square sort of thing.

https://www.thirdgear.com.au/headlight-fairing-and-windscreen-white/

Online jag767

« Reply #113 on: May 18, 2017, 19:59:30 »
where'd the fairing come from?  i bought one of these some time ago, but it seems a bit narrow and low for the monster forks/triple clamp square sort of thing.

https://www.thirdgear.com.au/headlight-fairing-and-windscreen-white/

Speed moto Co bullet fairing. I'm not sold on it yet.

Online jag767

« Reply #114 on: May 19, 2017, 06:12:34 »
For shits and giggles I painted the original windscreen. I like it way better on the bike, gonna order one that isn't broken down the line. I also was curious what the bike would look like if I dropped it down to only 1 caliper. I much prefer to see the front weel, and it's one less system to deal with. Curious to see how it stops, but with the brembo setup, good pads, and imoved feel frpm the stain less lin i think i'll be fine. That's my biggest issue with newer bikes, too many things going on. I may try to simplify the wiring, just have a small bundle of wires going to the bars instead of all this crap. Perhaps I can I make a bezel for the gauge and put the kill switch, start button, ad a few other things on there down the line. Right now the whole thing just looks too messy for me.

I will paint the headlight today, then finish the sanding/ rubbing out next week on a few pieces. The fender didn't get enough love, have to work some more compound magic on it. After I ride enough to drain the tank I'll paint that too. I'm thinking to paint the underside first, let it sit a couple of days, then flip it over and paint the top. I should wind up with an acceptable paint job for now. The funny part is I think I'm going to repaint those belt covers anyway lol.

Offline Green199

• DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #115 on: May 19, 2017, 07:31:39 »
Be interesting to see when the tank is painted. I love that burnt orange colour but that black could pull it together nicely.

I like the new fairing too, (although I am a bit biased haha), but the look of the original windscreen looks mean.
1973 CB250 'Doing it right this time round' - http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=36795.0

Online jag767

« Reply #116 on: May 29, 2017, 22:12:34 »
Went back to the original fairing, painted. All I have left to paint is the tank, then I'll be done for a while.

Offline Brodie

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Gold Coast, Queensland
« Reply #117 on: May 30, 2017, 04:33:07 »
I prefer the original fairing. The other fairing is nice but for such a light looking bike it added way to much visual weight.
Will be good to see the bike all painted.

Offline Green199

• DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #118 on: May 30, 2017, 07:21:45 »
Absolutely agree. That original one kicks ass.
1973 CB250 'Doing it right this time round' - http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=36795.0

Offline DesmoDog

« Reply #119 on: May 30, 2017, 20:40:50 »
The "problem" with the original fairing is, it's at the wrong angle. In it's original form it was more upright on a smaller headlight. Every time I see it I think of a dog with it's ears laid back. Not meant as a flame, it's just what I think of when I see it.