New

Chris9178

Hi everyone!! New to the DTT and new to motorcycles in general. My wife says I'm having a midlife crisis hahaha. I'm 39 live in a small town called Midland in Ontario Canada and just purchased my first bike a 1984 Suzuki GR650 Tempter. Paid a whole $700 and failed the safety due to loose chain and fork seals need replacing. I just got my M1 license in June and am doing the motorcycle basic training course at Georgian College. The only other time I rode a dirt bike was when I was a 15y/o testosterone filled boy who let go of the clutch way too quickly and watched as the bike few out from underneath me!(we all got a good laugh) I've had a thing for cruiser type bikes ever since I was about 19 and seen the owner of a summer trailer park had the sweetest Harley I've ever seen. I've finally got the push I needed to go through with it an here I am. I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions and I might even post them in the wrong spot(apologies in advance) I look forward to everyone's input.

Welcome to the fray man! Post up a few pics of the machine. Good on ya for doing the riding course too! Here state side it should be required to get your endorsement imho. Have fun and keep er' between the ditches

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Hello again Chris, and welcome!
I love the Tempter (but FIL gifted me a DOHC cb750 so progress halted). There are a few good GR builds on here, lots of knowledge too.

I though mentioned it previously, but I have the FSM in .pdf format on one of my old laptops. PM me your email and I'll try and track it down for you.

Thanks everyone I would love to post some pictures but sadly I don't know how. I did however update my profile with a current picture if my bike. I also have a .pdf of the service manual but it's for an 83 which I though was pretty much the exact same bike.

I just had to download the tapatalk app. Anyway here's some pics.
ccc5a3840b392b6461b849999ecc3a75.jpg
c71ebe0b98a14489cdc552562ea900e1.jpg
f65a5331bae8ef639ee31bd3a27c1f28.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Hey man congrats on a great looking ride and welcome from just up the road in Montreal =)

Back
Top Bottom