Abandoned Kawisaki Cafe Racer in Forest Park IL, looking for owner

GodSilla650

Been Around the Block
I drooled over this bike for a few weeks as it sat on Marengo Ave. accumulating ticket after ticket and I knew this day would come, it finally got towed. The owner has 30 Days to come and claim it or else it becomes property of the city. I would hate to see that happen because it looks like someone put a lot of work into it. New tires, handle bars, brakes, master cyl, welded hoop, custom seat, tail light, 4 into 1 exhaust, pods, nicely painted headlight, new fuel hoses (probably rebuilt and tuned carbs), no ignition, just a kill switch.

My original thought was that it was stolen and someone just went for a joy ride and left it there (because of the lack of a need for a key to start it), but it had a lock on the rear wheel.

Either way if this is your bike or you know the owner get in contact with the Forest Park Police Dept. ASAP!!

(I posted this on here and in the Chicago DTT, I just want this bike to find its way back to who ever put the hard work into it)

Attachments

• IMG_5759.jpg
    IMG_5759.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 298
  • IMG_5760.jpg
    IMG_5760.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 291
  • IMG_5931.jpg
    IMG_5931.jpg
    1,005.3 KB · Views: 273
  • IMG_5932.jpg
    IMG_5932.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 259
The owner would have to pay all those tickets, the towing fee and impound fees. The bike isn't worth it.

So the lesson here is find out where the bike went and make friends with the impound lot. Find out how to buy the bike for $50.

Trust me, I wanted to snag it before the city did, but I guess I have just become to moral as an adult. I am going to try to talk to the owners of the tow yard, but from our last conversation I think he wants to keep it for himself, although if he has to put work into it he might not want it.

It is going to be a lot of money in tickets and the tow, but I bet it would still come in under a grand. If it were my bike and I put in all the time in modifying it I would want it back even if I had to pay. Who knows the story behind it, could have been a father son project, a hand me down bike or something sentimental.

It does have a plate, but last I heard the vin wasn't coming back correctly. I am not a cop, I don't work for the towing company, so I was just trying to use the resources available to me to reach out and find the owner.

Was nice of you to post it up- might want to try reddit /r/chicagomotorcycles too

http://www.reddit.com/r/ChicagoMotorcycles/

Yeah I'm not really sure what might have happened. I would assume someone either got locked up or passed away if the bike is just sitting there. The tags on the plate are from 2011 so it hasn't been registered anytime recently. I would say it was stolen and dumped if not for the lock on the back wheel. It's a mystery.

Back
Top Bottom