everything to know about gear shifters

Egiffis

Hey Guys, I'm slowly rebuilding my bottom end on my 68 yamaha yr1
and I'm considering re engineering the stance(where the foot pegs are) as well as the gear selector.
i tried doing a search on the site, and google to learn more- but didn't really get any good info?

can you guys post pictures of your aftermarket set ups/personal creations.
i just want to get an idea of the type of foot gear selectors out there.
curious to form as well as function.

looking forward to hear what you guys have to say!

This is mine on my Norton. As simple as you can get. At the time I had no money so I did what I could with what I had. But it worked so well when the finances improved I kept it.

Hoofhearted said:
This is mine on my Norton. As simple as you can get. At the time I had no money so I did what I could with what I had. But it worked so well when the finances improved I kept it.

Hell of a nice lash up Hoof... ;) I see a bit more of yer handy work on the pre-unit adjuster plate man, seems you had a handle on the fabrication side early on eh... But what, you couldn't slash off the kicker spline and flip the shifter... maybe smashing down to go up a gear was too tricky ;D (just pokin fun) seriously though, I am never gonna learn to fiddle the whole right side shift, I'm doomed to up shift the brake most every time :-\

As for th OP and rearsets, I would suggest a search "also"... many many threads with different applications on the subject. :eek:

Tune-A-Fish said:
Hell of a nice lash up Hoof... ;) I see a bit more of yer handy work on the pre-unit adjuster plate man, seems you had a handle on the fabrication side early on

The adjuster and the engine plates (I mean who makes Weslake to featherbed plates?) and the fairing mounts, oil tank, seat etc. Lack of money can improve you skills no end,

Back
Top Bottom