Bullet style headlight mount 74’ CB360

huck_finn

Been Around the Block
I am trying to mount a bullet style headlight, but none of the brackets I am finding are quite long enough. The bucket is pressing against my brake line, causing the bucket to not sit center between the forks.

Is my only option a custom bracket?

The bucket, front to back, is 5 1/4” deep.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

VonYinzer said:
Move the brake line.

I did think about just getting a longer break line. You will have to forgive my ignorance (still learning), but if I lengthen my brake line won’t it affect braking?

no, shouldn't affect the braking, just make sure its bled up properly and not so long that it hangs out the side somewhere, you can usually get braided lines in 5cm increments, check your local ebay

Does anyone have experience removing the front brake pressure switch and changing it to a micro-switch on the brake lever? If I can get that to work, then I can really free up some space between my forks.

huck_finn said:
Does anyone have experience removing the front brake pressure switch and changing it to a micro-switch on the brake lever? If I can get that to work, then I can really free up some space between my forks.

As long as you find a proper brake lever assembly with the switch installed, it's just a matter of connecting a couple wires. Pretty basic stuff.

If you run into trouble just post here in the cafe help section, or in your build thread (start one if you haven't) and someone will help walk you through it.

huck_finn said:
Replace the banjo bolt with a banjo switch. If you're running a single caliper up front, you can run a single brake line from the m/c to the caliper. You can get fancy and run a banjo to -3AN connector with a straight fitting out your caliper. IIRC, the stock line runs out of the top of the caliper, right?

240-913_A.jpg

rus-657022_w.jpg

VPE-10290_ml.jpg

irk miller said:
Replace the banjo bolt with a banjo switch. If you're running a single caliper up front, you can run a single brake line from the m/c to the caliper. You can get fancy and run a banjo to -3AN connector with a straight fitting out your caliper. IIRC, the stock line runs out of the top of the caliper, right?

240-913_A.jpg

rus-657022_w.jpg

VPE-10290_ml.jpg

You are correct - it runs right out the top of the caliper. Just got everything in (one piece brake line, banjo switch, etc.) - just in time for 30 degree weather and a few inches of snow.

Back
Top Bottom