CL350 Junker Wrenching

This looks pretty good to me. I feel like I could polish it up more, but from a stylistic perspective maybe that would be too much? I don’t know precisely what I am making here, just following my nose....but it does seem to fit as it is. Anyone feel like paint is a must?

Sent from my iPad using DO THE TON

Attachments

• Image1544482423.665389.jpg
    Image1544482423.665389.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 292
Thanks fellas. I completed the wiring harness today. I have the cable for the starter and the main battery ground left to tack on and it’s done. The wiring was in terrible condition. I just need to think about how best to route it now. It’s zip tied up near the mounts for the side covers at the moment, all nice and wrapped. Added a couple of fenders just to eye the line of it. I might lower it just a hair and turn the pipes slightly downward at the end. Something different, I suppose. The spokes are a hot mess. I went over the rear wheel this morning and I just don’t trust them. The front was maybe a little better. Maybe. I might just have to focus on everything else and come back to those once the gift-giving is over for the year. I have the supplies to fab up a seat. That might come next after the cables, I think. I’ll need to do some side covers as well. I have a couple of sheets of aluminum diamond plate. In keeping with the theme, I thought I might bend up a couple of those. It might be a little too harsh on the eyes, though. Maybe if I shot it black? Undecided on that. I also need to paint the points cover to match the other side. I need to get the wiring up to the coils wrapped since I noticed it was grounding on the points cover. Maybe a new rubber gasket on the inside of that cover will be needed.

Sent from my iPad using DO THE TON

Attachments

• IMG_1779.JPG
    IMG_1779.JPG
    295 KB · Views: 290
I think that tank looks great as is. Heat the thing up to drive out as much moisture from the metal and then hit it with some 2K aerosol clear. Job done

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Back
Top Bottom