New to DTT, and starting a '73 CB125 cafe build!

Sorry to bump but I've been digging around for 125 threads and I like the way yours has turned out! I have a '75 myself – I ordered a k&n/bigger jets not more than an hour ago and I'm planning on doing a 12v conversion down the line as well. Got any more pics/progress updates?

I really haven't done much since my last update due to school and laziness. Last thing I did was update the wiring diagram for 12v, which is attached to this. The GY6 reg/rect wiring can and probably will be different so you'll have to test it to confirm if you go that route. Good luck with your build.

Attachments

• CB125S wiring diagram4.png
    CB125S wiring diagram4.png
    172.6 KB · Views: 10,109
I think I've finally got the jetting close. Using a Keihin PC20 clone, #78 main and #35 pilot. The clone was weird and I couldn't find any pilots which were an exact fit, so I ended up going with a #35 version of the exact same pilot in the stock carb.

With looking at the diagram, looks like you did a 4 prong reg, was there a reason? I'm noticing there are many different variations of the GY6 reg when it comes to the amount of prongs (I've seen 4,5,6,7)

Steaksauce said:
With looking at the diagram, looks like you did a 4 prong reg, was there a reason? I'm noticing there are many different variations of the GY6 reg when it comes to the amount of prongs (I've seen 4,5,6,7)

The CB125S generates single phase AC and 4-prong GY6 regulator/rectifiers are all single phase AC to 12V. It also happened to be the cheapest on eBay at the time... :)

3-phase example: http://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-6Pin-11Pole-DC-Voltage-Regulator-Rectifier-for-GY6-150cc-Scooter-ATV-GO-KART-/181404874358?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a3c92b676&vxp=mtr

That one has three yellow wires, a red, a red/white, and a green. Typically the yellow wires are your phase leads and in this case three leads = three phases. The red is usually the bike 12V+, red/white is usually battery 12V+, and green is ground.

Single phase example: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Voltage-Regulator-Rectifier-4-Wires-4-pin-12V-for-GY6-scooter-ATV-50-125cc-150cc-/321403550852?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ad524fc84

The four wires on this one are yellow, pink, red and green. Yellow and pink are your AC in and can correspond to the CB125S's yellow/pink (make sure to jumper the yellow and white wires from the stator!). Red is 12V+ and ground is green.

BravoTango said:
hey why did you end up scrapping the sv650 hanger and caliper.
It looked like it would be easier to use the Ninja 250 front caliper. Someone here on DTT was looking into or already had made a bracket which used a Ducati Monster rear caliper.

Back
Top Bottom