Cb250rs cafe

Re: Cb250rs cafe project "IT'S ALIVE"

mate well done, this looks sick so far! can you please please please let me know how you go with the twin exhaust. i want to do the same or something similar to my xl250S but I am affraid of power loss.

deepwaterimports said:
Seat came out wicked mate
Cheers mate, very happy :)

Maritime said:
Wow seat look tits. Are you doing anything to cover the tank mount and side cover holes on the tank?

Nevergrew said:
I was gunna ask the same thing?

Btw - seat looks great.

Thanks guys,, yeah i'd like to build a shroud that will cover the tank mount and follow the shape of the tank down to cover the side cover mount holes.

BoJordan said:
mate well done, this looks sick so far! can you please please please let me know how you go with the twin exhaust. i want to do the same or something similar to my xl250S but I am affraid of power loss.

I'm glad you like it :) The cb250rs has the dual pipes as factory and i'm only upgrading the cans. You can also get an aftermarket 2 into 1 system for it. You could use a 1 to 2 system if you keep the same combined output as a single

andycafe said:
I'm glad you like it :) The cb250rs has the dual pipes as factory and i'm only upgrading the cans. You can also get an aftermarket 2 into 1 system for it. You could use a 1 to 2 system if you keep the same combined output as a single
Oh ok, well the engine on an xl250s is pretty much the same isn't it? So do you think I will be right getting twin headers meant for a cb250rs? I am wanting to move away from a 2 into 1 system as that is what was stock.
Cheers

BoJordan said:
Oh ok, well the engine on an xl250s is pretty much the same isn't it? So do you think I will be right getting twin headers meant for a cb250rs? I am wanting to move away from a 2 into 1 system as that is what was stock.
Cheers

Yeah they are pretty much the same, I couldn't see a problem with changing to the rs headers as long as the port flange on the pipe is the same diameter. I'll have mine off over the weekend so i'll measure it for you... :)

Cb250rs cafe project "IT'S ALIVE"

Bojordan - personally, if you still have your original exhaust (in particular, the flange) I'd drop the bike of at an exhaust shop and have him manufacture whatever exhaust lines you wish. Finding a cheap pair of used RS in good nick might be hard, and buying new is silly I reckon. Go full custom mate

Andy - great idea re. cover plate man.

Nevergrew said:
Bojordan - personally, if you still have your original exhaust (in particular, the flange) I'd drop the bike of at an exhaust shop and have him manufacture whatever exhaust lines you wish. Finding a cheap pair of used RS in good nick might be hard, and buying new is silly I reckon. Go full custom mate

Andy - great idea re. cover plate man.
Cheers man, yeah I was thinking of going custom, I just wanted to know if a twin exhaust on a single was going to work well or not. If the cb250rs twin exhaust worked then I was going to use it as the design for a custom twin exhaust. I just don't know how much $$$ I will be looking at:/

Cb250rs cafe project "IT'S ALIVE"

I run the original exhaust and mufflers on mine and think it sounds great stock. Not too (annoyingly) loud at speed and idles perfectly with a beautiful bop bop bop.. Seems to have plenty of poke too - for a little 250 thumper.

My only reason to go custom is if you want to change the lines of the pipe and/or mufflers location.

Nevergrew said:
Apologies for the hijack Andy, I'll stop now.....

I wouldn't call a discussion about exhaust setup a hijack ;) even if it's not mine specifically ;D

So I need to find more than 5 minutes to work on this ::) The exhaust wrap arrived and I have the can's, I hope to get this part buttoned up soon :)

Attachments

• 022 (800x532).jpg
    022 (800x532).jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 256
  • 024 (800x602).jpg
    024 (800x602).jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 277

Just remember to wear glove or wash your hands with solvol after you do the wrapping. I am a hypocrite of course and always end up covered in itch as hell fiberglass. Will be good to see it with the pipes on

deepwaterimports said:
Nice pipes man get those bad boys on I want to hear her purr

Attachments

• 00-Like-Thumb.jpg
    00-Like-Thumb.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 1,077

bvander said:
Just remember to wear glove or wash your hands with solvol after you do the wrapping. I am a hypocrite of course and always end up covered in itch as hell fiberglass. Will be good to see it with the pipes on

Attachments

• 00-Like-Thumb.jpg
    00-Like-Thumb.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 1,139
Back
Top Bottom