14-01-2014 21:35 International Hub Forwarded for export
13-01-2014 22:35 International Hub Received and processed
13-01-2014 22:35 International Hub Forwarded for export
13-01-2014 21:34 International Hub Received and processed
13-01-2014 21:31 International Hub Received and processed
13-01-2014 18:22 Coventry Depot Forwarded for processing
13-01-2014 15:49 Coventry Depot Collected from customer
13-01-2014 09:53 WDM Online

17-01-2014 09:39 Delivery Agent - MELBOURNE - PTT Received in destination country

Attachments

• uhbuh;;lutsfy.png
    uhbuh;;lutsfy.png
    67.8 KB · Views: 1,070
Just a Guy living his dream 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=VdNEJAFfFLA

Hi Andy, just came across your build...looking good...well done!
Don't know if you know but in the UK they were used as courier bikes a lot....I was the mechanic at a firm that ran 20 of them, all doing 6 to 800 miles a week. I always thought they were about the best 250 Honda ever made though they had a reputation for being a bit fragile over here....mainly because of cylinder head problems. Back then it wasn't much of a problem as you'd just stick another one on but guessing now that's not so easy to find one!
So, if you don't mind, a couple of suggestions...frequent oil changes to avoid wear on the cam bearing surfaces and be wary of running weak...the left hand exhaust valve especially can overheat and burn....and if that happens you'll often find the head cracks between the seat and the plug as well.

unclerob said:
Hi Andy, just came across your build...looking good...well done!
Don't know if you know but in the UK they were used as courier bikes a lot....I was the mechanic at a firm that ran 20 of them, all doing 6 to 800 miles a week. I always thought they were about the best 250 Honda ever made though they had a reputation for being a bit fragile over here....mainly because of cylinder head problems. Back then it wasn't much of a problem as you'd just stick another one on but guessing now that's not so easy to find one!
So, if you don't mind, a couple of suggestions...frequent oil changes to avoid wear on the cam bearing surfaces and be wary of running weak...the left hand exhaust valve especially can overheat and burn....and if that happens you'll often find the head cracks between the seat and the plug as well.

Hey thanks for the advice :) I'll definitely keep an eye on those things, This isn't going to be a daily ride only club reg so plenty of time to maintain :)

Hell yeah they sound awesome ;D Need to custom up some mounts and pick up some clamps :eek:

Attachments

• crnp1.jpg
    crnp1.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 302
  • crnp.jpg
    crnp.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 302
  • crnp2.jpg
    crnp2.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 1,406
  • crnp4.jpg
    crnp4.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 311
And just cause I like this pic 8)

Attachments

• crnp3.jpg
    crnp3.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 2,030
Hey mate. Got another RS buddy who's building a bike and can't work out why his centre stand fouls the chain when up. Can you shed some light? Unfortunately I removed mine ages ago

Nevergrew said:
Hey mate. Got another RS buddy who's building a bike and can't work out why his centre stand fouls the chain when up. Can you shed some light? Unfortunately I removed mine ages ago

My guess is that he has removed the factory exhaust, the left side can acts as a stopper for the centre stand :)

After looking around at the normal suppliers all I found was car size T-clamps, so I ended up getting some online. I needed to pull the wheels off for the new rubber and I'm hoping to get them back on before the clamps arrive to complete the exhausts :)

Attachments

• $(KGrHqZHJE8FD5ffFkMsBRB5PGjJzw~~60_57.jpg
    $(KGrHqZHJE8FD5ffFkMsBRB5PGjJzw~~60_57.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 293
deepwaterimports said:
That pic is awesome. I like the pipes a lot it suits the bike heaps mate.

Cheers Man ;) just about done and we're gearing up for a special photo shoot soon :D

New tyre's getting fitted tomorrow so she naked on the floor at the moment :eek:

Right the new boots on and wheels back on her ;D (still need to adjust) The rear is the same but I went up in the front and love how it fills up the guard now :eek: ;) ;D What do you reckon?

Attachments

• cwnt (800x461).jpg
    cwnt (800x461).jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 960
and with the old ones for reference :eek:

Attachments

• 110.jpg
    110.jpg
    681.1 KB · Views: 1,431
Hey mate. Very very good job! The bike looks great. But are you going to put the side covers back on? I notice you've left the tabs on the frame and tank. At the moment it looks a little cluttered under there with the battery box sitting out in the open.

I've done one up as a cafe racer myself and keep in mind that since these are kick start (unless you have the very rare CB250RS-D) you can get away with a very very small battery (or no battery at all if you choose). I'm using a 1.2ma one from SuperCheap which cost $30 and it's been working a treat for a year now. Very easy to hide as well.

Also if you decide the upgrade the carby, these run very well on both a VM32 or TM33. I have the TM33 on mine and it really turns it into a weapon. I've topped it out at 155km/h on the flat indicated by GPS, although I also have a high compression piston.

I'll be following this build! These bikes are legendary.

Back
Top Bottom