Exhaust Swap Question

FrankenBike74

I have a 1972 Kawasaki G3SS-B that I am currently doing a scrambler rebuild on. I personally don't like the idea of a stock exhaust on the bike as a scrambler since it sits low and would not be great off-road in the woods or on trails. I know Kawasaki made the G3TR, which has basically the same engine and frame. Anyone know if I could swap the G3SS exhaust out for the G3TR's? Almost certain that the two bike have the same manifolds and exhaust ports since the G3TR came out in '69 and the G3SS has the same size cylinder from '69 to '73. Just don't want to buy an old exhaust off of eBay and then not be able to use it. Anyone have any input?

Can't say for sure, 100% but a little digging around on the web would lead me to believe that you can use the Bushmaster high pipe.

Look up some parts fiches and compare part numbers for the gasket, cylinder, etc...

VonYinzer said:
Can't say for sure, 100% but a little digging around on the web would lead me to believe that you can use the Bushmaster high pipe.

Look up some parts fiches and compare part numbers for the gasket, cylinder, etc...

I’ll check on Partzilla and get back with what I find part number wise. I appreciate the input, it’s nice to have two brains working on the same thing sometimes!

VonYinzer said:

Did some research and you were correct! The part numbers all match up!

Back
Top Bottom