DWMS Racing RD350 Cafe Racer! New Gold Leaf Lettering And Graphics!

Re: DWMS Racing RD350 Build! New Engine Photos!

Joe, I couldn't be happier with how the build is going! We seem to like the same styles and the collaboration has been fantastic! Great job man!

Re: DWMS Racing RD350 "Black & Tan" Build! Body Work And Paint!

Thank You all for your compliments, I could never put into words how much your support for this build truly means to me! Brother bluesmokey I am really enjoying working with you and I am very honored that you put your trust in me for this build!

My Brother Jason who is the best painter I know drove 900 miles to do the body work on and paint the tank, tail, and frame for the RD350, a lot of you have already seen how nice his work is as he painted the tank, side cover, and oil tank for Brother Casi85's Bridgestone restoration. We have been talking with Brother bluesmokey a lot and we decided to paint the tank a beautiful classic root beer color with black panels on the side and the tail section and frame will both be the solid root beer color!

I was never very happy with the rear tank mount that I built and I had concerns that the vibrations of the two stroke engine could cause the tank to crack where we had the mount welded to the tank so I removed the one I built and decided to build a new box section on the front of the tail section that fits in the tunnel of the fuel tank for the tank to rest on. I am working on adding additional layers of fiberglass to strengthen the tail section today so that it will be ready for paint however I thought you all may like to see the new rear tank mount!

My Brother Jason has been working on stripping the old paint from the tank, after he removed the original paint he etched and sealed the outside of the tank with AutoPrep Pretreatment Wipes to protect it from corrosion. There were a couple low spots on the top of the tank and a few dings that needed repaired so he has been working on smoothing the tank while I am adding the new layers of fiberglass to the tail!

Re: DWMS Racing RD350 "Black & Tan" Build! The Tank Is Painted!

Brother bluesmokey decided that he would like a nice classic root beer color for the paint so my Brother Jason painted the tank with this Beautiful Starburst Whole Earth base coat and he painted panels on the sides of the tank with 1953 GMC Black that we added some pearl to! We added a nice silver pinstripe between the two colors and a smaller gold accent stripe that matches the metallic in the paint! Here are some photos for you all to enjoy that show how the tank looks with the first few coats of clear on it!

Nice paint ;)

Love it, looks great. Nice colour choice. Reminds me of the colour of my father's old Impala he had when I was a kid.

Wow that tank looks great!! I want him to paint mine and did he do the powder coat also I would like him to paint mine and if he powder coated the engine cases I would like him to do that and you build my bike! Can you do that?

Thank You all for your compliments, they truly mean a lot to us! Brother Harley05 I sent you two emails here on Dotheton however I have not heard back from you, please send me your telephone number.

Re: DWMS Racing RD350 "Black & Tan" Build! New Paint Photos!

I finished adding more layers of fiberglass to the tail section to give it more strength so my Brother Jason finished getting it smooth and painted it with the Starburst Whole Earth paint to match the tank! Dad sanded the swingarm and smoothed around the new stud that I welded on for the custom chain guard that we built so Jason also painted the swingarm and chain guard to match the tank and tail section!

Joe, I love it! I can't wait to see that beautiful engine dropped into that RootBeer colored frame! This thing is going to be one clean looking ride.

What a top notch cafe racer!

I am very happy that you like the paint work Brother bluesmokey! I am working on finishing a few small things on the frame so we can smooth and paint it so hopefully we will all be able to see the engine in the frame very soon! I love this color, the metal flakes in the paint really catch the sunlight and then it is a nice darker root beer color in the shade! Here are some photos of the tank and tail together that show the color difference in the sun and in the shade!

AWESOME!! :D

Wow... Just wow. Top notch. Following along for sure. Was a little skeptical about that side rail at first, but it really does add a cool line to the bike. Your attention to detail and super clean work is impressive. Can't wait to see the finished product! You're a lucky guy, bluesmokey!

Top notch for sure! Keep working your magic, don't want to miss this.

Re: DWMS Racing RD350 "Black & Tan" Build! New Front Suspension Photos!

Thank You all for your compliments Brothers, as always they mean more to all of us than you will ever know! I assembled the front end today so I took some new photos for you all to enjoy!

Nice work as always Joe. That colour pops in the sun! any thoughts on decals on the sides of the tank. I think simple tuning forks may look just right if you did them in the same colour as the pinstripes maybe.

Cheers,

maritime

Are you smiling in that photo? Holy cow!!!!!
Great job brother!

Re: DWMS Racing RD350 "Black & Tan" Build! New Front & Rear Suspension Photos!

Thank You Brother Maritime! I believe we are going to leave the sides of the tank clean for now however we do have a couple new pieces on the way for the bike that have the Yamaha tuning forks engraved in them!

Brother Habanero52 I normally smile a lot however we take most of our photos at the end of the day when I am tired! I will make sure to smile more for you in new photos! Hahahaha!

I installed new All Balls bearings and seals in the front hub, rear hub, and the sprocket plate and installed the rims in the front forks and rear swingarm so I can start truing them and I took a couple photos for you all to enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom