DO THE TON / DIME CITY CYCLES BIKE OF THE MONTH - NOVEMBER 2016 VOTING

Vote!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tim

Administrator
Staff member
Check out the build threads by clicking on the photo in the poll.

Builders - get your pics up! If you want a photo changed in the poll let me know.

VOTE VOTE VOTE!

Winner receives a $100 Dime City Cycles gift card, highlights on their website and social media outlets hitting tens of thousands of people and your bike will be featured on our banner for the month getting seen by over 100,000 people a million+ times!

I'd be happy to own any one of them!

It shows the depth of talent on DTT when three bikes of the same model, built to different aims, can be entered in a single month.

Crazy

Agreed. 3 very different visions from essentially the same base. Cool.

I had to vote for the 500 Suzuki 2 stroke twin this month. :)

No brand bias here; last month I voted for a Honda, this month I voted for a Suzuki. Good luck to all three of you, all three are great machines.

Great bikes but I gotta think the range to empty is pretty short on 1 of 3.
Stay close to home.

FunJimmy, thats funny, my middle sister has always called me Jimmy. Fuel cell holds .85 gallons,made from .080" T6 aluminum sheet,my first alloy TIG project. Good for 3 round trips through the pits, staging,full throttle passes, and return road back to pits. And a slosh left in the bottom for good measure! You should see my anti- splash guard I use when filling up. A U.S POSTAL fixed rate box collapsed flat of course,with a hole punched in it that slips over the neck. Free, and readily available. Whew, that was a lot of typing.

Attachments

• IMG_3549.JPG
    IMG_3549.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 447
Well, I appreciate the chance to be featured as a BOTM. I am having some professional photos taken this weekend, so keep an eye out for those.

I have been on this forum for many years. During that time, I have built and sold numerous bikes. I feel like all those other bikes have led up to this T500. This was the first bike that I built with the intent of keeping, and never selling. It was a labor of love. Probably won't build any more after this one, due to time and other concerns. So, I really appreciate the opportunity to showcase it here.

Most importantly, I drive this bike. Since completion 6 weeks ago, I have put about 500 miles on it. Its been to BrewTown Rumble, Rockerbox, Motorcycles of Milwaukee bike show, and numerous bike nights. I also drive it to work. Its surprisingly comfortable and drive-able. I tried to make it very functional as well- reliable ignition, good quality Avon tires, front and rear fenders, stock brakes, basically stock engine, modern electronics, etc.

Picked it up last summer for $600. It was a rusted POS. Surprisingly, it started right up after 20 years of sitting outside in Alabama. I then proceeded to completely take it apart and replace, restore or rejuvenate every single part on the bike.

Special thanks to the following vendors:
- Titan Performance for the rearsets
- Higgspeed for the chambers
- Bedlam Werks for the aluminum seat and upholstery
- PowerDynamo for the electronic ignition
- Paul Miller for the extremely expensive complete front and rear wheels made from NOS parts
- ARTISTIMO (aka Jason LaCavalier) for the incredible paint job
- Bill Bune Enterprises for the engine work (boring, wiseco pistons, media blasting cases, rebuilding crank).

First pic is as I got it. Last pic is the finished bike

IMG_1682 by sbaugz, on Flickr

Motorcycle 14 by sbaugz, on Flickr

Tough call this month for sure, decided to go for one with black tyres ??? ha. Well done to all nom's & good luck .

Damn, tough choices! All mint builds.

Btw, is there a way to be able to see a running count after your vote is cast? That would be cool :D

JadusMotorcycleParts said:
Damn, tough choices! All mint builds.

Btw, is there a way to be able to see a running count after your vote is cast? That would be cool :D

I reckon seeing how the voting is going would/could influence voters, rather I voted for the bike I preferred than vote 'cos I felt sorry for the tailrunner...if ya get me innit?

NoRiders said:
I reckon seeing how the voting is going would/could influence voters, rather I voted for the bike I preferred than vote 'cos I felt sorry for the tailrunner...if ya get me innit?

Gotcha, probably very true.

I voted for the bike that was most tasteful to me. Each would have got my vote based on other aspects though! All strong builds.

I always thought of T500's of being very visually heavy bikes, but these three builds have certainly changed this. Nice work on all three!

I had put up a "thanks for the nomination" note in the nominations thread....but figured I better say thanks again here in the event that others don't go to that thread as part of this whole process.

So....Thanks Again for including me this month!!! ;D

Sweet machines, all of them! :D Tough choice, but...

done. 8)

All three are great. Even standing still though Tattoo's looks like motorcycle art doing the ton. Tattoo got my vote.

the one with two cylinders and two wheels really did it for me..... Great way to represent the same bike in 3 very different fashions. This is why DTT is still the best place on the internet!

Great job guys!

Back
Top Bottom