Nuckingfuts Custom Build (XV750 Done!)

Re: Nuckingfuts Custom Build

Ground it down and mated it up with some linkage...
To make a nice fit and smooth action. Working on the shifter now....

Attachments

• 20151014_175503.jpg
    20151014_175503.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 319
  • 20151014_180730.jpg
    20151014_180730.jpg
    873.4 KB · Views: 309

Shift linkage done.
Now just waiting on custom throttle cable from Motion Pro so I can fire up the bike.

Attachments

• 20151015_163603.jpg
    20151015_163603.jpg
    593.1 KB · Views: 313

Your posts come so fast and furious it's hard to get comments in between! One of the more well documented and clearly high quality builds we've had on the site for sure. Thanks for sharing all the details!

Tim said:
Your posts come so fast and furious it's hard to get comments in between! One of the more well documented and clearly high quality builds we've had on the site for sure. Thanks for sharing all the details!

Indeed! Surprised you are not making your own cables. Very nice work - really appreciate the additional work involved to also document!

Tim said:

Tim, that's very kind of you to say. I appreciate the feedback!

jpmobius said:
Indeed! Surprised you are not making your own cables. Very nice work - really appreciate the additional work involved to also document!

Thank you sir! Farming out the cable work makes one less thing on my plate, plus Motion Pro is just up the highway from me and they do good work so it's a no brainer.

was looking for the smallest voltmeters on the planet and found these micro voltmeters on ebay so I decided to try'em out.

I really wanted something inconspicuous that I could use to keep an eye on my charging system. Shelling out big dough on the Shorai battery I want to make sure that the vintage charging components don't fry my new tech.

Since the voltmeter came unhoused I had to make my own enclosure to protect the electonics. Now I could have easily ran down to an electronics shop to find a solution but after searching my kids rooms (picture lots of arts n' crafts crap laying around) I found an option.

Now this is where you start calling me on hokie jeryrigging and all that business. Call me crazy but I dug through my son's Legos and found a viable option (don't tell my son though).

After an hour or so of whittling on Legos I had this.

Threw some epoxy into the mix to seal it up and she's ready for duty.

I'm thinking this will be a nice tucked away location that won't draw too much attention.

Attachments

• 20151016_123953.jpg
    20151016_123953.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 311
  • 20151016_143106.jpg
    20151016_143106.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 328
  • 20151016_143411.jpg
    20151016_143411.jpg
    897.3 KB · Views: 320
  • 20151016_161518.jpg
    20151016_161518.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 323

That little lego volt meter is just pretty darned neat.

I love that. Now I have to find some kids with lego blocks so I can borrow one. I have used a few of those on race bikes, but that is a great solution for a case.

Ok - gonna have to steal that! Do you still have the source for the little meter?

Mine came from ebay but Nuckingfuts may have another source.

Nucking, seriously great idea on the Lego usage.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Heh...heh, glad everyone got a kick out of that one. Yeah I picked it up on ebay for a couple bucks and reads to within 0.1V of actual. Here's a link:

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Mini-DC-0-30V-Green-LED-2-Wire-Digital-Display-Voltage-Voltmeter-Panel-Motor-L38-/371333527599?txnId=762829174024

Nuckingfuts said:
Heh...heh, glad everyone got a kick out of that one. Yeah I picked it up on ebay for a couple bucks and reads to within 0.1V of actual. Here's a link:

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Mini-DC-0-30V-Green-LED-2-Wire-Digital-Display-Voltage-Voltmeter-Panel-Motor-L38-/371333527599?txnId=762829174024

Nice job on that one. I just mounted a wireless rearview camera on the back of my travel trailer. Had to resort to eBay to find a suitable enclosure to mount it in because all the local Radio Shack stores have closed and nobody else in the area had anything even close. Guess I should have made one with the Legos we keep for the grandkids.

redwillissuperman said:
Where did you get a 13V static battery?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually my batt has been sitting in garage for 12 months and is down to 75% and needs to be topped off. It's a Shorai and really needs to read above 13.2V

ridesolo said:
Nice job on that one. I just mounted a wireless rearview camera on the back of my travel trailer. Had to resort to eBay to find a suitable enclosure to mount it in because all the local Radio Shack stores have closed and nobody else in the area had anything even close. Guess I should have made one with the Legos we keep for the grandkids.

Yep, radio shacks are all but gone here in the bay area as well.

Nuckingfuts said:
Actually my batt has been sitting in garage for 12 months and is down to 75% and needs to be topped off. It's a Shorai and really needs to read above 13.2V
my next purchase....

redwillissuperman said:
my next purchase....

Grab an EarthX instead of the Shorai. Better built in charge protection

Back
Top Bottom