Snowflakes on a CB 750

Markymark

This is personal
Hi all!! I'm new here and I apologize if I'm doing this wrong but I've searched the web and well I feel like I just need to ask!
I'm currently working on a 77 CB 750K.. I picked it up out of some guys back yard for real cheap and well there's plenty of reason for that but I'll get into that another time, currently it's got mix matched rims, I'm interested in finding some that look like the snowflake style bmw airhead type.. are there any that are out there that are compatible with the stock cb750 set up? Or how much work would it be to make them fit? Has anyone done this? I appreciate any help! Shoot me any links or answers you have! Once again I apologize if this has been already talked about!

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 274
Kimtab rims, prepare your wallet.
Those BMW's are shaft drives I believe, whereas CB's are chain drive.

Kimtab's are getting more scarce, none on eBay right now, only my bearing carriers for them. Expect to give $500 for one, the last one on eBay was going for $700, didn't sell at that price. Even more rare is to find a Kimtab for a CB750 with the drum rear,most are set up for disc brakes. Moto Guzzi or MV used a snowflake wheel that seems even more rare than the Kimtab, but came in a drum configuration. None will be as light as a magnesium Kimtab (8.2lb).

Look into Suzuki GS series wheels. The ones from a GS750 should be damn near identical to yours dimensionally. They aren't exactly like the ones you're after but a coat of paint and they're a good looking alternative. And they can be had for a small fraction of the aftermarket stuff.

Attachments

• 77-82-SUZUKI-GS750-FRONT-WHEEL-RIM-19x165-OEM.jpg
    77-82-SUZUKI-GS750-FRONT-WHEEL-RIM-19x165-OEM.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 772
BMW snowflakes are still made and can be had for $125. Having just looked over a drum to disc conversion on a rear wheel bike, I'd like to think something can be machined to adapt the Beemer rear wheel from shaft to chain. Anything can be done with access to a lather and/or mill.

Back
Top Bottom