CB360 carbs - again

crazypj

Split personality, I fake being smart
Bought a new 'toy' tool to measure angles accurately, decided to use it on 360 linkage between carbs. Found out the ones I just did were about 30 degree variation between left and right carbs. I've been ajusting the angle for years but never had a way to check both were equal until now (I know, should have made a gauge years ago ::) ) Anyway, couple of pics showing it on left and right carbs after adjustment. nIf your having issues getting carbs in sync it may be worth taking a look at link

Attachments

• DSCN7554.JPG
    DSCN7554.JPG
    611.1 KB · Views: 212
  • DSCN7552.JPG
    DSCN7552.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 209
I've taken some more measurements, no idea why I didn't think of it years ago but here it is for 745B carbs. The linkages are different lengths so can't be set parallel. Right carb (with adjuster screw) about 1" (25.4mm) centre of throttle shaft to centre of screw. Left carb, about 7/8" (22.?mm) to centre of 'U' shaped receiver.It means that the arms have to be at different angles to effectively 'shorten' the long arm and lengthen the short one. Itisn't really possible to open the 'U' shape more than 1/16" (1.5mm) but doing so does lessen the difference and make carbs operate MUCH smoother. I'm going to 'play' with a few more sets and see if I can come up with definitive angles so a checking gauge can be made.

Came from China, I think I got it from Tom-Top? Believe Bangood also has them and maybe Amazon? I know I've seen them advertised several places. Pretty cheap, needs de-burring but otherwise seems quite accurate and has vernier scale. Has a removable square and a straight edge that checks good with the Starret I have.

Back
Top Bottom