Post a pic of your latest purchase

No, it's not the same plane. This one is a single seater and cost me less than I was about to spend to refurbish the 2-seater! So, I'll be flying much sooner than anticipated. Also met a guy on a fecebook UL group that offered me the use of his grass airstrip and some hangar space, only 20 miles from my front door!

414225490.jpg

grandpaul said:
No, it's not the same plane. This one is a single seater and cost me less than I was about to spend to refurbish the 2-seater! So, I'll be flying much sooner than anticipated. Also met a guy on a fecebook UL group that offered me the use of his grass airstrip and some hangar space, only 20 miles from my front door!
Nice...good luck and be safe ;)....... and remember there are old pilots and bold pilots, but no old bold pilots :D

Oh yeah, he's actually a bit young at 6 1/2 weeks. But in 2 weeks once he gets the 8wk shots he'll get to go to herding lessons with our other aussie.

Nice pup. Grandpaul nice little plane. there is a strip 5 mins from my house that a lot of these fly out of. Would love to have one. if I had one with floats I could fly right from my yard.

Redbird said:
With a Tim Hortons in the background?
Could you be any more Canadian??

:p :p

Ha, I hate Tim's they are pretty much shit for food and coffee and have been for about 10 years. That being said they are everywhere so not getting one in the background would have been a bigger challenge LOL.

Not a fan of Tim's either (the coffee shop, not the defenseman, loved Tim Horton's the defenseman)

Cute little pup, careful with the little one, during the 6th week they are psychologically vulnerable in this week.

CrabsAndCylinders said:
Not a fan of Tim's either (the coffee shop, not the defenseman, loved Tim Horton's the defenseman)

Cute little pup, careful with the little one, during the 6th week they are psychologically vulnerable in this week.

Yep, 10-15 years ago the coffee was good and they baked everything in house or at least at a local place. coffee has gone way down hill for quality and taste and all the products come in frozen and get microwaved it all tastes like garbage now. they sold off all their baking equipment and fired all the bakers and doughnut makers. I stopped going there when that happened.

Maritime said:
Ha, I hate Tim's they are pretty much shit for food and coffee and have been for about 10 years. That being said they are everywhere so not getting one in the background would have been a bigger challenge LOL.
Sorta like Starbucks around here. You can't swing a dead cat without hittin a Starbucks.

Redbird said:
You can't swing a dead cat without hittin a Starbucks.

Here in our new neighborhood in north Austin, TX, on the corner is a retail area with TWO of the dang thing is the same bloody centre!

There are apparently MORE than one sucker born every minute...

Ha. They probably learned that from Waffle House. Where there's one, there's another on the other side of the expressway at the same exit.

Had an amazing few weeks trundling around the unbelievable gorgeousness that is Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Newfoundland a year or so back, and a cup or several of Tim Hortons tea was just the thing after a long day on the go. Not a great fan of all that coffee nonsense-just a straight forward cup of tea works miracles and there is nothing wrong with Tims tea. Remember mooching around the Harvest Jazz and Blues Festival in Fredericton with frequent diversions to a Tim for tea fix...

Not a purchase, but a trade. I traded my 73 triumph spitfire with a toyota driveline for a 1980 XS650. Someone tried to bob it and removed most of the wiring, put on shorter shocks, and a not so good seat. It'll be getting brought up to daily rider status with new wiring, fixed suspension, and a proper rear hoop. They did do a good job on the header so it'll stay, maybe get a cone muffler.

Attachments

• 20190529_203351.jpg
    20190529_203351.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 191
Rat_ranger said:
Not a purchase, but a trade. I traded my 73 triumph spitfire with a toyota driveline for a 1980 XS650. Someone tried to bob it and removed most of the wiring, put on shorter shocks, and a not so good seat. It'll be getting brought up to daily rider status with new wiring, fixed suspension, and a proper rear hoop. They did do a good job on the header so it'll stay, maybe get a cone muffler.
Nice. I really want an XS650.

Back
Top Bottom