Pocket Rocket - 1978 xs650

Really like the style of your build!
Rearwheel looks bigger than standard and looking good :)
Only thing that might could be a bit more interesting is gastank... we got 3 xs650 bobberkindof builds in our garage, all with same gastank (or style) .... not saying it doesn't fit your style... but there must be others...
Anyway, will follow your build.... like it!

Pattheswede said:
Really like the style of your build!
Rearwheel looks bigger than standard and looking good :)
Only thing that might could be a bit more interesting is gastank... we got 3 xs650 bobberkindof builds in our garage, all with same gastank (or style) .... not saying it doesn't fit your style... but there must be others...
Anyway, will follow your build.... like it!

I agree. I wanted to use my cole foster and Harley rapido tank but it just didn't look right. I agree, to Many bikes Using peanuts,alien,mustang or sportster tanks. My other build I'm running this

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361291526.932415.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361291526.932415.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 1,127
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361291544.513247.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361291544.513247.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 1,145
Thank you :)

Some pictures of the seat. Formed a seat to match the contours of the frame

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361293522.394641.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361293522.394641.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 1,184
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361293570.949596.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361293570.949596.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 1,195
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361293600.189515.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361293600.189515.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 1,877
Not sure if you're done with the frame yet - have you added any bracing between the plates where the swingarm pivot mounts and the center downtube of the frame?

It's a common mod - the frame flexes a bit in that area, especially on the earlier frames. After '72 they added a bunch of extra bracing but still could benefit from it.

You can see mine in one of the pics on this page - from my XS build thread. You'll see the bracing tubes running from just below the swingarm pivot holes to the down tube.

img107.jpg

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=448.70

Tim said:
Not sure if you're done with the frame yet - have you added any bracing between the plates where the swingarm pivot mounts and the center downtube of the frame?

It's a common mod - the frame flexes a bit in that area, especially on the earlier frames. After '72 they added a bunch of extra bracing but still could benefit from it.

You can see mine in one of the pics on this page - from my XS build thread. You'll see the bracing tubes running from just below the swingarm pivot holes to the down tube.

img107.jpg

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=448.70

Dammit.. That is a great Idea, Wish I knew about this sooner. I just called and the powder coaters already have my frame in the oven :mad:

Photochopped another tank on the bike. What do you guys think? I was planning to use it on my other bike but I think this
might work. Problem is frame is out for powder coat and mounting this new tank would mess things up. What to do.

Attachments

• rapido.jpg
    rapido.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 1,169
It seems like guys will never learn that powdercoat and paint is the very LAST thing you do to a bike, after it is completely mocked up and all fabrication is totally complete. Once the bike is finished, THEN you take it apart and send parts out for finishing.

AlphaDogChoppers said:
It seems like guys will never learn that powdercoat and paint is the very LAST thing you do to a bike, after it is completely mocked up and all fabrication is totally complete. Once the bike is finished, THEN you take it apart and send parts out for finishing.

Thanks for the positive feedback

jdizon said:
Photochopped another tank on the bike. What do you guys think? I was planning to use it on my other bike but I think this
might work. Problem is frame is out for powder coat and mounting this new tank would mess things up. What to do.

what is that front fairing you have your assistant holding up there? bike looks unreal, subscribbbbed.

MJPriceisright said:
what is that front fairing you have your assistant holding up there? bike looks unreal, subscribbbbed.

Harley fairing off of a vrod or sportster I believe.

jdizon said:

Ha!

I think the tank looks cool. Or silly. Maybe both, but it's definitely cool too.

jdizon said:

But do you disagree? ADC is spot on. I know that's pretty cold comfort right about now, but that tiny tank is just ridiculous IMHO from both a function and form perspectives. But it ain't my bike, so it doesn't much matter does it? :)

Back
Top Bottom