Bolt list for a 1793 cb450?

hobojon

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but, DOES ANYONE HAVE A BOLT LIST?! I could go through the 73 cb450 fiche but I figured id ask.
THANKS

The bolt list for the whole bike. If youve got lists for different pieces that would be much appreciated as well.

You can get an engine bolt kit from stainless cycle.
Otherwise it's a case by case basis. Few people replace every bolt on the bike.

On one that old I am sure you'd want to replace every bolt too.

can-stock-photo_csp8048565.jpg

Check out the following link.
They don't list the year so you can email them they are very quick to reply.
They can supply them in standard stainless or polished.
This is where I am getting my 1979 kit for my 1979 XS1100F and my cafe racer.

The really nice thing is they send all of the fasteners seperated for each location and directions.
It is a really nice set up. If say your bike in 73 had a longer screw on one panel than the 74 they will send both in the kit since that may be the only difference between the two years.
Oh and anytime you are installing stainless in to aluminum use anti-sieze.

http://www.stainlesscycle.com/presta/en/58-honda

Good Luck.

cklamer: thanks so much!! Will check them out

Excluding engine, tach, and exhaust bolts, do most people just reuse all the old bolts?

hobojon said:

Excluding engine, tach, and exhaust bolts, do most people just reuse all the old bolts?

1) Take a pair of calipers .. measure the width of the threads.
2) Measure the length of the bolt from below the head to the end of the threads
3) Get a thread pitch guide

With the combination of 1,2 and 3 you can figure out the socket cap size you need and order on as per needed basis.

I misplaced the bolts for my trees and handlebar clamps and I was able to find the sizes for some of the bolts but for some I head to measure.

For 9 socket cap screws to be replaced cost me $10 but since I live in Canada it was another $10 in shipping.

I personally prefer sockets over any other type of bolt and shiny bolts make things look purdy.

hobojon said:

Yes a lot of folks either just reuse their bolts or have them plated again with the Zinc Clear.
But some if not in really horrible condition can be reused just by take a dremel and wire brush to them will clean them up some.

Every bolt on my Yamaha was rusted so it will be easier for me to just replace.
Normally some where that does plating will want at least a $100.00 lot charge.

Good Luck

Back
Top Bottom