TORC HELMETS WOW

rubber-side-down

so ok i dont own one yet but, i was at my local shop pickin up my bell 500 (sliver flake) but while i was there, there product dealer was there and brought one of Torc's 3/4 helmets in for display only (otherwise i would have bought it) after trying on my new bell i saw the helmet ask to check it out threw it on my dome and all i can say i wow easliy the lowest profile 3/4 helmet ive ever tried on and also notice that the back of there helmets sit a little lower which i really liked. while i was there i help the pick out a few styles to order cant wait for it to come in check them out

http://torchelmets.com/helmets/route-66-t-50

by the way im head size is dead nuts 23cm and the large fit me great i also i a pretty thin face and the check padding huged me like of glove hell the whole helmet felt like a glove

also my bell fuckin rocks too

Just sayin, Ive got the "Lucky 13" torc helmet and i love it. I previously had an Icon full face helmet that has seen its better days and I wanted to go retro.

I went to a local shop to buy a biltwell DOT helmet and ended up with a gloss white Torc because it was a) lower profile b) slightly higher quality construction on the interior c) at least $20 cheaper

I love it. As far as DOT approved helmets go, it won't make you look like toooo much of a space cadet. Just a little.

I'm looking at the site and I don't see where is says built in head phones. It is just a slot to put your headphones in? Anyone have experience with a Rockhard brand helmet and this? I have a Rockhard helmet in a medium, just wondering if it would be the same fitment.

I actually have no idea what that head phone comment was about, mine definitely doesn't have any built in headphones or headphone wiring routing... just a normal helmet with nice padding inside.

Curious how that would work, couldn't find anything about it besides what you posted. Headphones built in so you plug an auxiliary cable in the side of your head?

Looking through their site, I think the optional hifi is in reference to their Blinc Bluetooth system. I see no other reference to the built-in speakers other than:
---------------------------------
Easy-to-use hands-free communication, BLINC I gives you the ability to take and make calls, listen to your MP3 player and GPS unit, and talk to your passenger via intercom. BLINC I is available on both full face and modular helmets.

Lithium ion battery with a power charger.
8 hours talk time, 150 hours standby.
2 Built-in speaker.
Built-in anti-noise microphone.
Incoming call overrides intercom, music, or navigation audio; terminating the call resumes audio from intercom, GPS, or MP3 player.
Multi-pairing ability with Bluetooth® equipped phone, GPS, MP3 player, etc.
100 ft intercom distance.
1 touch control for call answering, rejecting, and redialing.
Weather resistant.
----------------------------------------
I would be stoked if their helmets had a simple speaker system with audio jack, as I have that with my snowboard helmet. But if the bluetooth system were decently priced it would be handy to not have to pull over to use my phone.

Re: TORC HELMETS WOW

Upcharge means how much extra do the speakers cost?

Re: TORC HELMETS WOW

For me... Free DCC had some in stock at the same price since the company did an error on the order ;-)

Just got mine in the mail the other day and really impressed with the quality. The liner is awesome and I think I'll be pretty happy I can remove it and wash it once it starts getting hot outside (I'm up in Maine so its still 50degrees half the time) Mine doesn't have any speakers, but there is definitely some room for a pair of headphones if thats your thing. Not sure how I feel about riding with music. Used to do it all the time, but think I'm slowly getting a little older and wiser.

Older thread, but I hadn't come across it before.

I bought this TORC helmet a couple years ago. I got a great deal and it fits very well and feels nice. I haven't done very many miles in it yet so I'm not sure about the noise levels, but the fit and finish is excellent. (I thought is was a good design for an old retired Air Force guy.)

Back
Top Bottom