Calling all the ULTRASONIC CLEANER GURU!

joevirus563

Coast to Coast
Here's the deal.

I'm planing to make a trip to USA next week.

I want to treat myself to a nice new ultrasonic cleaner.

Why? To clean some nuts and bolts, maybe rent it or do some carb cleaning on the side, clean spark plugs an reused fouled iridium. Make its more a gadget that a real tool for now but I'm pretty sure I'll use it.

Choices:

1- Buy the one at harbour freight 2.5L, 70US , I'm scared that the carburator
- even not on a rack of 4 they wont fit fully in the dept of it.
- I'd like to be able to fit a rack of 4...

2- Use my amazon.ca gift card (I have around 225$) and call it done.

If on amazon, here's the model... do you think that I could fit caburators as for dept and maybe a rack of 4?? I don't have one in hand...

This one, 6.5L tank size: Tank size:300mm X 155mm X 150mm
http://www.amazon.ca/ultrasonic-Cleaner-Industrial-Heater-Whole-stainless/dp/B005G3R4N2/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=undefined&sr=8-3&keywords=6+ultrasonic+cleaner

Maybe this one?

6L Tank size: 12.8" x 8.0" x 3.9".
http://www.amazon.ca/Gallon-Heated-Ultrasonic-Cleaner-Basket/dp/B0098DBWWU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1409231965&sr=8-2&keywords=6+ultrasonic+cleaner

Is there a better deal for around 250$?

Would I better go to the HF one and just turn the carbs over...

you will need to take a carb rack all the way apart so maybe you don't need one so big, but why not ?

xb33bsa said:
you will need to take a carb rack all the way apart so maybe you don't need one so big, but why not ?

So even if I had a big one I will have to remove the carb from rack? And sync afterward?

that ultrasonic cleaner sucks im sorry to say

my issue with it is while it is big it has no power in fact the transducer in it is ten watts less that the harbor freight one

i have not found a cheap way around good equipment lol

i have one 4 thousand dollar ultrasonic cleaner and one i bought nes (bransonic ) 20 years ago

and 4 harbor freight ones for smaller jobs and parts dollar for dollar that little one from harbor freight is a robust little cleaner

when you buy a ultrasonic cleaner pay close attention to transducer wattage the timer or lack of one gives a lot away

a true industrial one will have a hold position you can just leave it on never go by the out side appearance only by the inner dimensions of the

basket and some of the new ones have dual range and frequency transducer for better cleeaning

before you de rack your carbs phone around a lot of the (sorry i am a honda guy)honda dealers and probably others

have bought huge 6-7 thousand dollar cleaners the dealer in asheboro has one big enough to take a cbx rack in one piece

he charges around 30 per hr in the cleaner i think or 2 so you might look into that

Which one suck?
The first one has 150W of cleaning + 150w of heat
The second one has 2x70w of cleaning (140w) and 160w of heating

THe harbour freight is rate at 160w total so I'm pretty sure the power would be around 70w + 90w heater.

I understand that you bought multiple HF ones.

Have you tried the two other i've sent in the link?

I know some places have equipement do make big parts, buy here they ask big bucks to clean stuff.

What is the general size of a 4cyl rack? 13"? 14"?

sorry i read the spec as 160 w on the web site

but 150 w for that size tank ios not big mine has a 500w transducer

Back
Top Bottom