Blake's cb350 Cafe (Update: APRIL 10th Jetted,exhaust, all hard work done! PICS)

Color Scheme

• Black on Black w/ Chrome Accents

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Black on Black w/ Black Accents

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Original Gold Orange with Black and Chrome Accents

Votes: 10 71.4%

• Total voters
Re: A Kid's CB350: First Retro Motorcycle Ever

Save the manual to a flash drive and take it to Kinkos or Staples.

VonYinzer said:
Save the manual to a flash drive and take it to Kinkos or Staples.

agreed... still pricy to print though... 219 pages!

find someone on here who works at a print place and get it for free haha

Or just print a few pages at a time. Want to clean the carbs, print that section. Need to work on the wiring, print that bit out.

Or just buy one already printed....

Don't know why you're bothering with the old hunkajunk. You can score way more poontang with that Mustang back there.

teazer said:
Or just print a few pages at a time. Want to clean the carbs, print that section. Need to work on the wiring, print that bit out.

Or just buy one already printed....

That's what I am doing for my KZ400. Just printing pages as I need them. Working for me.

Yeah but the
DrJ said:
Don't know why you're bothering with the old hunkajunk. You can score way more poontang with that Mustang back there.
Haha this one?
100_2056.jpg

Ehhhh Wellll a bike is more fuel effiecent and more badass...
It was too cold today to work... hopefully doing something tommarow

DrJ said:

my bike isnt for puntang! ;)

i havent brought it up yet... but damn dude, your rents got you a stang?

I have a lexus in my name (1994 ls400) when i turn 18, but i had babysat twins for about 3 years every weekend to get it.

Ill probably end up buying a porsche 944, pulling the ls400 motor and throwing it in the 944, dual turboing it, and than have a ride that makes me shit my pants and cry like a baby every time i turn the ignition.... aka, a fun car. ;)

*laughs* You two boys... ;D This is what I was driving around at 17... still am actually... all $2100 dollars of it.

DSC_2832.jpg

DSCF2256.jpg

Alright... moment of jealousy over. You may return to your normally scheduled programming! 8)

Rocan said:
you bastard!

really, flat pink would look great!

find my thread... "cb350 built by a teen"

been at it a year and a half. there was a member younger then us, Jared, but his project seemed to kind of fade (lost interest?)

I'm betting you won't be a teen when you finish it!!

You punks have cars at 17? My dad wouldn't let me go near his car until I was over 25. Got my license at 27 and my first car at 30. Then I moved out, permanently.

We got the NEW fuel lines cut and put the in line filters on there.
Still in the process of cleaning the gas tank out. Got the wiring straightened out from the diagram i printed.

Also, my brother said he could get my frame powder coated... so i might end up doing that..
probably not though.

I guess im going for the black and silver stealth look ...but i just need to get a tank that doesnt suck...I.E. my orange tank.

for now we will keep the orange tank until i get the bike done... then i can easily change it out..

We got the thing to stay running for about 5 secs last night with Starter fluid... we were checking wiring and learning about the bike...

polished up more of the engine and more of the triple tree.

Going to change the oil soon... and hopefully get the gas tank cleaned soon. Sorry i havent posted in a few days my internet is FUBAR.

DrJ said:
You punks have cars at 17? My dad wouldn't let me go near his car until I was over 25. Got my license at 27 and my first car at 30. Then I moved out, permanently.

ehh... i would have moved out a WHILE before that! haha.

i dont have my car yet; no place for it in NYC. so really, unless if i get a garage, im going to stick to owning a truck/jeep as i could haul my bike and do well in the winter; ill save a lot on gas riding my 350, so it balances out in the end.

oil should have been first thing you changed man. im going to keep saying it till you do it... get everything in stock condition FIRST!

if she ran for 5 seconds on starter fluid, that means that shes not getting fuel from the carbs. check that the petcock isnt clogged, and that there is fuel in the float bowl.

no no no rocan... i understand that.... haha but this was 5 seconds without a gas tank or gas line running to the carbs.. ha.

Rocan, i don't know what the PO usually used for the oil...
do you guys use 10w 30 or 20w 50

Okay guys! got a lot done last night... since i didnt go out partying.

Got all of the following ORDERED:
-Brake Lever w/ Perch
-Clutch Lever w/ Perch
-Throttle Control
-Push Pull Assembly
-Copper Exhaust Rings
-Battery
-----------------------------------
Also got my seat design Drawn up: Pics soon.
Still working on getting manual...we are getting ink for our printer soon... but i have the .PDF file on my computer downloaded..for reference.

Stuff i need to get:
Piping to extend headers
Exhaust tape (going for a non painted look.)
Steel wool for cleaning.
Buffer wheel
Air Filter Pods ( any ideas on Brand to get? )
--------------------------------------------------------
Uploading pics....right now.

Re: Blake's 1971 CB350 Cafe Racer w/ Lots of pics!

Go with 10w30. Just make sure it's motorcycle oil. Car oil doesn't agree with wet clutches. Uni filters work great for air flow, but the stock air boxes work best with stock carbs. Have you thought about getting some vm30's? They are pricey, but worth every penny.

Big Rich said:
Go with 10w30. Just make sure it's motorcycle oil. Car oil doesn't agree with wet clutches. Uni filters work great for air flow, but the stock air boxes work best with stock carbs. Have you thought about getting some vm30's? They are pricey, but worth every penny.

oh.. Vm30s? explain?

and i cant put pod filters on? will i have to rejet my stock carbs?

100 2078

Decided to take the ole' puch outta the dusty garage and give er' a good run. :)

Also heres my mock up for the seat i want. (couldnt get color just right... but i'd like white leather with a black stripe through the middle or black with white..) Comments?
Concept2Orangeandblack.jpg

Back
Top Bottom