Blake's cb350 Cafe (Update: APRIL 10th Jetted,exhaust, all hard work done! PICS)

Color Scheme

• Black on Black w/ Chrome Accents

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Black on Black w/ Black Accents

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Original Gold Orange with Black and Chrome Accents

Votes: 10 71.4%

• Total voters
Re: Blake's 1971 CB350 Cafe Racer w/ Lots of pics!

VonYinzer said:
Sorry for bein shitty man. I hear ya. What I was trying to say came across wrong. Also, PJ is right. The filter material isnt bad, but the rubber is crap. And, when it comes to measurements, forget the book. Get some calipers, and a tape measure and do it yourself man. Books and the web cant tell ya everyhing.
hey, its okay man. I need to get off my bum and do something i cant have you guys do everything. I needed something like your post any way... it motivated me. because i just taped and labeled all my wires and polished a large portion of my cases.

Right on man. Keep at it. Everyone is here to help, but you have to put some footwork in too. Looks like youre willing to do that and get this scoot all wrapped up. Looking forward to it.

As far as the baffles none of my manuals mantion exaust masuremants. As far as the baffle size I have only seen 1.5" and 2 inch,on e-bay. The 1.5" should look a little too small when you get it in the pipe, but it should still work fine. As far as the pipe for extending the length you could measure and stop buy a auto parts store /ask if they have it. I tried this with no luck. Or you could take the whole header in to a mufler shop and ask if they have something that fits -Just so they know exactly what you are talking about.

P.s. as far as giving back, it can be as simple as recommending a thread you found useful, to someone with a problem you have already had to deal with.

All you need for the pipe is a measurement of the o.d. and the wall thickness. Than find some pipe that matches up. As far as baffles, measure the i.d. of the pipe. Find/make baffles to fit.

I made baffles with copper tubing (twisted's thread) for the 200, worked great! took just enough of the "Ping" out of the exhaust note and got rid of a lot of the little popping etc. when you let off the throttle from high rpm. The latter was probably just a tuning/jetting issue but the baffle solved it without me having to re-jet again.

diesel450 said:
I made baffles with copper tubing (twisted's thread) for the 200, worked great! took just enough of the "Ping" out of the exhaust note and got rid of a lot of the little popping etc. when you let off the throttle from high rpm. The latter was probably just a tuning/jetting issue but the baffle solved it without me having to re-jet again.
i saw twistedz thread, thats really a great one...i plan on either buying some copper tubing and using that thread, or buying some little mini mufflers from JC whittney for 30 bucks a piece... anyone had any luck with those?
VonYinzer said:
All you need for the pipe is a measurement of the o.d. and the wall thickness. Than find some pipe that matches up. As far as baffles, measure the i.d. of the pipe. Find/make baffles to fit.

Caliper for O.D. and what do i use for I.D.?
barnicle said:
As far as the baffles none of my manuals mantion exaust masuremants. As far as the baffle size I have only seen 1.5" and 2 inch,on e-bay. The 1.5" should look a little too small when you get it in the pipe, but it should still work fine. As far as the pipe for extending the length you could measure and stop buy a auto parts store /ask if they have it. I tried this with no luck. Or you could take the whole header in to a mufler shop and ask if they have something that fits -Just so they know exactly what you are talking about.

P.s. as far as giving back, it can be as simple as recommending a thread you found useful, to someone with a problem you have already had to deal with.

Yeah i'm surprised the manual doesn't list them at all....
VonYinzer said:
Right on man. Keep at it. Everyone is here to help, but you have to put some footwork in too. Looks like youre willing to do that and get this scoot all wrapped up. Looking forward to it.

hoping to get it ridable by warm weather season. i'll still be 17 till sept 28th but i can ride it around my neighborhood and practice right? :b folks dont mind me riding my 80cc yamaha around..

------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------

100_2300.jpg

Latex Paint over my foam
100_2291.jpg

Petcock inspection, Needs work,

100_2282.jpg

100_2284.jpg

100_2264.jpg

100_2251.jpg

100_2257.jpg

100_2259.jpg

PARTS FOR SALE:
100_2260.jpg

Everything is coming along pretty good. I may have missed it, but if your petcock is thy nasty, your tank will need cleaned too. And if you measure the outer diameter of the pipes, usually they are only about 1/16" thick per side. So subtract 1/8". Unless you measure the bent part of the headers- I think those are double walled tubing.

And which mini muffs are you looking at? You could post a pic or a link.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/chrome-plated-replacement-mufflers/p2006468.jcwx?filterid=c14658o40j3

The 12" Shorty or maybe the shorty seamless megaphone
Would those not work?

suggestions?
and thanks big rich, i just got the calipers out of the garage, the pipes are double walled so the chrome doesn't discolor at the headers...but thats not much of a problem, considering my chrome is rust colored, ha.

UPDATE: I have my Ignition switch wired to work with a push of a button,
I found out my headlight + Bulb are still working!!!!!! HIGH BEAM AND LOW! :) :)
Thats pretty sweet ill post a pic in a sec.

I need to go to the store tommarow and drop off my seat to be glasses and get some butt connectors, in the mean time I need to order my pods and mufflers!!!!!! WE ARE ALMOST TO THE FINE TUNING! WOOT WOOT! Thanks for everyone that helped me so far!!

I've used the shorty megaphones a couple times and they work great. The end cap unbolts and you can mess with the baffle (louder, quieter, etc). But they do cost almost twice as much as the 12" shorties.

those shortys look pretty cool. I do like the idea of modifying your sound that is very tempting.

i wish i could find some cheap cheap ones that were really good like under 40 bucks for two.

Those will barely reduce the noise. They will make the exhaust sound better, but you really need proper baffles or mufflers.

VonYinzer said:
Those will barely reduce the noise. They will make the exhaust sound better, but you really need proper baffles or mufflers.

explain what a proper baffle is? got links.

a proper baffle converts sound energy into heat energy. usually consists of a constricting tube with many holes in it with fiberglass of some sort (exhaust packing) wrapped around it, then secured into your exhaust pipe.

see the 50 dollar mod thread for one.

ahh dont really wanna make my baffles... i think im going with the 12" shortys rocan. what would be the disadvantages of that?

Back
Top Bottom