Blake's cb350 Cafe (Update: APRIL 10th Jetted,exhaust, all hard work done! PICS)

Color Scheme

• Black on Black w/ Chrome Accents

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Black on Black w/ Black Accents

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Original Gold Orange with Black and Chrome Accents

Votes: 10 71.4%

• Total voters
Re: Blake's 1971 CB350 Cafe Racer w/ Lots of pics!

I have 12" emgo shortys on my 450 twin. I have the header pipes, then 8" of galvanized exhaust pipe from the auto parts store then the shorty's, they work, but they are still kind of loud. If I have to start the bike early in the morning I don't rev it or I will piss off the neighbors. let it idle to warm up then drive it witht he clutch until I am far enough away.....Then full throttle and love the sound ;D Not too loud to get pulled over either, but louder than stock pipes for sure.

Cheersm

Maritime said:
I have 12" emgo shortys on my 450 twin. I have the header pipes, then 8" of galvanized exhaust pipe from the auto parts store then the shorty's, they work, but they are still kind of loud. If I have to start the bike early in the morning I don't rev it or I will piss off the neighbors. let it idle to warm up then drive it witht he clutch until I am far enough away.....Then full throttle and love the sound ;D Not too loud to get pulled over either, but louder than stock pipes for sure.

Cheersm

Oooo do you have pics?

Not the prettiest at the moment but she is in parts again now that there is 3 feet of snow and gettting some work. I need to weld the exaust together, currently clamped. But no leeks after 3000 miles of riding this summer.

kijijistuff127.jpg

Thinking of possibley bending or getting pre bent pipe before I weld to angle the pipes up some.

nice do you have a link where you bought them?

so with budget in mind...i decided to back off from the exhaust question until i start getting a constant income again... other then that...ive still been in wiring diagrams and my rats nest....raking my brain with the multi meter and test light....

Ive managed to find the blue to my headlight is high
white is low beam... green is ground?

I know a lot more then that but am too anxious to get back to my bike...ill try and upload pics later... but im thinking about making a homemade exhaust...from the header back.

Do you have a wiring diagram? They tell you what every color is... ;)

Ah, well it might not differentiate between high/low, but look at your hi/lo switch to see which color is which.

Ya, green is ground on all Honda's. I thought it was just the older ones and they got with the program - but PJ corrected me.

the problem im having is hooking the black/white wire to the switch...idk where to put it or what to hook it to. also...yellow and white/yellow i have no clue what they go to...
i have used the Blue wire and white wire and found that both blacks are "power". help? i have an aftermarket switch...

Slow down man......are you talking about the original wires on the bike or the wires from the switch? Might be time to bust out the multimeter and figure out what connections give you continuity.

No i wouldnt throw random colors at you... i was talking strictly about the bike's wires..

ive been using a multi meter...
and a test light...
and a saftey probe with a breaker in it that i can shoot power or ground through any wire.... i still cant figure out how the black and white (bike wire) fits into my switch though...or yellow... or white/yellow.

Yes. I know i have wiring diagrams, im just curious HOW they work... and oldman honda doesnt tell me how they plug into my switches...

Nevermind, took it too a friends...we got everything straightened out...
it seems my switch had a ground wire that spliced in with another ground wire to form a 2 to 1 ground. it made it so that when i flipped my headlight switch on my starter solenoid stayed on... hahaha.. we had to cut the wire and solder a 2 to 2 wire.

My next issue:

lets get some mufflers and baffles on this bad boy. Pics soon... :)

-thanks for staying tuned in!!
Blake

have you fired it up yet ?

it does help keep you sane if you can memorise what some of the wires are. It helps you not get as distracted if you know what some of the wires do.
Hot starts out as red off the +terminal/stator, but then turns black after the first few stops -I think on my bike it is after the voltage regulator.

yes im getting power to everything...including points it needs gas in the carb bowls. Then it will start.... I started it with starter fluid but it died quickly.

camera has been acting up again...ugh.

I got the bikes chain off and soaked it in diesal to loosen the grease and grime... cleaning the sprocket and polishing up aluminum pieces....

still waiting for my dad to help me make an exhaust.

big list of stuff to come...

Right now im looking for an affordable tank liner...

i rinsed out the rusty tank with diesel and its looking better now...

need a way to also clean up the rusty petcock without destroying the rubber gasket...

Theres only a screen, a couple O rings, and a rubber "gasket". All of which can be removed once the petcock is taken apart. Take it all apart, check the re[laceable bits to see if they even need replaced, and clean the petcock. It should take about 15min max.

Back
Top Bottom