Blake's cb350 Cafe (Update: APRIL 10th Jetted,exhaust, all hard work done! PICS)

Color Scheme

• Black on Black w/ Chrome Accents

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Black on Black w/ Black Accents

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Original Gold Orange with Black and Chrome Accents

Votes: 10 71.4%

• Total voters
Re: Blake's 1971 CB350 Cafe Racer w/ Lots of pics!

currently at school...but ill do it when i get home... :)

I think a full kit cost me $20/$25, but it is well worth it, to not have gas dripping out all the time.
Every thing should come apart and then be soaked, carb cleaner,wire down every tube.
Then make sure you can get air to pass threw every where. put it together and check again that air will pass threw when you have it set to regular and reserve settings. Feel free to try all this before you buy the gaskets. If it doesn't leak when your done cleaning, and reassembling it it don't worry about it.
The main thing that has leaked on my bikes is the gasket that sits behind the on/off/res. lever.

haha my on off res valve leaked like crazy when i tryed it on my bike tonight... we got the thing to run idle!

Re: Blake's CB350 ( NEW VIDEO PLEASE WATCH!)

That"s right you need to run the gas out. both gallons of it. ;)
sweet bike you got there.... and you thought you wanted muflers . ;D That's normal for it to die while its still warming up at that low of idle, gives you a good excuse to sit and rev it a few times while it warms up.

Rad man! Sounds great!
U should get a battery though so you don't have to use the charer hahah

waynes-world_Excellent-225x300.jpg

I dig the pooch ;D

Right on man! Thats a great feeling isnt it? As far as your petcock leaking, theres a special wavy washer behind the lever. Make sure its installed properly (for some reason, there always in wrong) as it pushes the gasket against the lever to seal it.

I hate that little washer thingy! Took forever the first time to figure out I had it on the wrong side of the lever face.

Youre not the only one... Almost every honda Ive ever messed with had it installed wrong. No idea why.

That's awesome man! But I have to ask....what is that cotton ball with legs wandering around in the garage! I mean, I know there are dust bunnies in my shop. but DAMN! :eek: ;D

Great stuff! Best feeling hearing her run after all the work. Congrats. ;D

Thanks guys!! Im so happy!! fabing up some pipe soon. Getting seat made this weekend hopefully.

Rock On Man, soundin' mean!! I bet your waiting for Spring to come soon!!!
Kev

Awesome man. That sounds amazing! Hell yeah!

yeah she does! :) Sooo Things to do:
Pipes
baffles
seat
seat upholstry
pod filters
Jetting
New chain and sprocket
finish polishing cases
Tail light
led turn signals.

Sounds good. Like the rumble. You going with a muffler or just the header? I like the way it sounds as is

Rocan said:
you bastard!

really, flat pink would look great!

find my thread... "cb350 built by a teen"

been at it a year and a half. there was a member younger then us, Jared, but his project seemed to kind of fade (lost interest?)

keep at it... if you need pointers, im here for ya.

oh, and take it from me... listen to EVERYTHING a lot of the people say, and dont talk back like you know what your doing.

where are you located?

as for budget... good luck keeping to it. ive spent over 3 times the cost of my bike on parts and things since i bought it. its a big pit.
My bike hasnt faded bud!

stik70 said:
Rock On Man, soundin' mean!! I bet your waiting for Spring to come soon!!!
Kev

You guys are all missing out on the glory of the Southwest...our "winters" are littered with 65 degree days! Snow is overrated!

Sweet sounding bike man! Coming along good, I like when you got mad your dad, that made me think of me and my dad too..."dont do that!"

Back
Top Bottom