Blake's cb350 Cafe (Update: APRIL 10th Jetted,exhaust, all hard work done! PICS)

Color Scheme

• Black on Black w/ Chrome Accents

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Black on Black w/ Black Accents

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Original Gold Orange with Black and Chrome Accents

Votes: 10 71.4%

• Total voters
Re: CB350 by Blake (NEW PICS!!!!!)

yeah im with erskine ;)

pshh blake, you just failed the contest. your having someone else paint it? man...

Re: CB350 by Blake (NEW PICS!!!!!)

Erskine said:
Can you take the "new pics" bit off the title of this thread?
I keep on using up all my internet pixies in expectation and it's such an anti climax. :eek:
Innit
;)

sorry! totally didnt realize that was still up

Re: CB350 by Blake (Seat being painted!/ Tail light on order)

Rocan said:
yeah im with erskine ;)

pshh blake, you just failed the contest. your having someone else paint it? man...

hey we never said that i couldnt?

I traded service for service.

Horse trading...thats how ya do it son.

Sooo i hate to get flamed for this...but...
100_2605.jpg

100_2607.jpg

100_2599.jpg

100_2608.jpg

are those "shorty" shocks?

LOCKARD666 said:

nah i dont like those at all. Sorrry man.

Im looking for something sleek... maybe i should just go with black... any simple black ones...i dont want a vintage look for these

dude i will give you a heads up... on my goldwing i used a set of those grips (granted i tore them down powder coated them to match the build and they put them back together) i will NEVER go with their grips again simply because it took me over 3 hours to get them on... they are not propperly sized. i ended up having to bring the bars into our shop and use the 120 gallon air compressor to help... this was after shaving down the inside of the metal grip inserts with the mill, sanding the piss out of the bars... trying every type of lube... was a bear!
that said...
they do look tits man
if you do go with them... be set for a battle
s4x76a.jpg

2mqnmli.jpg

Rocan said:
are those "shorty" shocks?

yes they are...but i was pointing out that i have a silver swing arm now.

JRK5892 said:
dude i will give you a heads up... on my goldwing i used a set of those grips (granted i tore them down powder coated them to match the build and they put them back together) i will NEVER go with their grips again simply because it took me over 3 hours to get them on... they are not propperly sized. i ended up having to bring the bars into our shop and use the 120 gallon air compressor to help... this was after shaving down the inside of the metal grip inserts with the mill, sanding the piss out of the bars... trying every type of lube... was a bear!
that said...
they do look tits man
if you do go with them... be set for a battle
s4x76a.jpg

2mqnmli.jpg

ohhh sweet! thanks for posting your pics of them...whats an easier grip to get on? but still looks good... i guess ill just go with black.. maybe SLIGHT ornge accents.

Hey man,
Great work with your bike so far. Just read your whole build blog. Learned a ton. I just picked up a 71' CB350 yesterday and literally dropped it off an had to run out the door. I won't be able to start working on it till Monday afternoon. Man I just want to dive in and start getting my hands dirty. I'll get some pics up and start a build blog asap. Again. Great job!

adriannarnold said:
Hey man,
Great work with your bike so far. Just read your whole build blog. Learned a ton. I just picked up a 71' CB350 yesterday and literally dropped it off an had to run out the door. I won't be able to start working on it till Monday afternoon. Man I just want to dive in and start getting my hands dirty. I'll get some pics up and start a build blog asap. Again. Great job!

Sounds pretty cool man. Can you post your build thread on my thread right here when you get your pics on here?

And if anything ASK QUESTIONS and Help the people that need help when you know the answers.

Welcome to DO THE TON!

fuck.

my dad brought home a 1979 cm400 and suprised me. he said we are gonna make a bobber for him, but i could have the exhausts (megaphone) for my cb350...!!:)

I tryed taking the cones off but instead while i was wiggling the muffler loose it broke because it was rotted out... :(

no mufflers for blake... :(

Anyways... im looking for a way to make a baffle into my 1 1/2 " pipe.. I need 1 1/8" - 1 1/4" exhaust tubing so the muffler shop can flare it for me... do you guys know where i can find this?

NoobZooki said:
Have you decided on grips yet? May I suggest the Road Race Grip 2? They are available on Air Tech Streamlining. It seems like that's the only place I could find them. Anyways, that's the grips I'll be using :)

Scroll down to the bottom of the page.
http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/miscpages/handlebars.html

GRIP2%7E1.jpg

THANK YOU!

I love the road race grip 1, and i think ill be getting those.

Re: CB350 by Blake ( New pics + Cleaning Rear crank case)

Well Guys,

Decided to actually do some work today...

Took the rear crank case off (the one without the gasket that houses the clutch line)
Wow,

SO MUCH GRIME, GUNK, and Grease!

i had to get a flat tip screwdriver just to scrape everything down... my chain had about 1/16" of clearance through the gunk... Cleaned that out... and also decided to take the case off... and experiment with polishing a bit....

!

100_2640.jpg
(Ouch thats a lot of gunk)
100_2645.jpg

100_2647.jpg

100_2648.jpg

(This needs new lube)
100_2646.jpg
(idk how , but my chain got stuck...)

NoobZooki said:
Have you decided on grips yet? May I suggest the Road Race Grip 2? They are available on Air Tech Streamlining. It seems like that's the only place I could find them. Anyways, that's the grips I'll be using :)

Scroll down to the bottom of the page.
http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/miscpages/handlebars.html

GRIP2%7E1.jpg
I agree these grips are cool better then the yellow

Re: CB350 by Blake (NEW Pictures w/ crank case polishing )

stript.714 o/c said:
I agree these grips are cool better then the yellow

Haha well i can wait till later for grips... for now... i suppose i should get the carbs good and jetted.

Back
Top Bottom