Blake's cb350 Cafe (Update: APRIL 10th Jetted,exhaust, all hard work done! PICS)

Color Scheme

• Black on Black w/ Chrome Accents

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Black on Black w/ Black Accents

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Original Gold Orange with Black and Chrome Accents

Votes: 10 71.4%

• Total voters
Re: Blake's 1971 cb350 Cafe Racer (update feb 20th 2011)

nah not unloved, just unappriciated. :b

B L A K E said:
nah not unloved, just unappriciated. :b

there are some days when you get no replies and wonder if people lost interest, then other days when you get 25 replies in 20 minutes...

keep at it man... if you provide the people with cool shit, they will read your thread more often then a crackhead gets his fix.

Not bein' a dick BLAKE, but what exactly are we here to appreciate? Your building a bike. So is everyone else.

Build your bike for you. If you need help, someone will chime in. Theres no need to get upset because 100 people dont stop in to pat ya on the back everyday. You have a cool project happening here. Finishing it should be your only concern.

VonYinzer said:
Not bein' a dick BLAKE, but what exactly are we here to appreciate? Your building a bike. So is everyone else.

Build your bike for you. If you need help, someone will chime in. Theres no need to get upset because 100 people dont stop in to pat ya on the back everyday. You have a cool project happening here. Finishing it should be your only concern.

+1, this is not myspace.

dont worry blake if it was... i would friend request you

joe if you friend requested me and if i didnt know you better i would report you to the child predators registry ;)

agreed with others... build for yourself.... there was a time when everyone on a certain site was so negative towards me (truth is i didnt know what the fuck i was doing and was blindly stating my opinion ;0) that I left that site, but was not discouraged. i continued to build, because in the end, its YOUR bike, and if you want to paint it pink and have 4 foot streamers from your clipons, then go ahead and do it.

The Red Wonder said:
+1, this is not myspace.

Hey man, i want positive vibes on my thread, or constructive critizism. No negitivity.

Rocan said:
joe if you friend requested me and if i didnt know you better i would report you to the child predators registry ;)

agreed with others... build for yourself.... there was a time when everyone on a certain site was so negative towards me (truth is i didnt know what the fuck i was doing and was blindly stating my opinion ;0) that I left that site, but was not discouraged. i continued to build, because in the end, its YOUR bike, and if you want to paint it pink and have 4 foot streamers from your clipons, then go ahead and do it.

actually only 3ft streamers.

back to the action, My tank is having difficulty in paint, they had to bring someone in to match it... using a camera i guess... this is tickin me off... i hope we can paint it soon.. I plan on working on my bike this weekend...but for me...School comes first, considering i want to be an engineer.

Hey guys new updates, Patched up the cl350 exhaust... with some quiksteel. Gonna try to sand it down and do something with it so it doesnt look like TOTAL shit, Bondo'd a little more of my seat...its taking awhile because they are photo matching my paint scheme... Got ahold of an upholster for my seat that said i can clean his shop for the price of my seat... So swapping again! Also, Got my petcock resealed... so no leaks!!! :) Cleaned the garage up a little bit and now im just waiting to get enough money for mikunis.

Re: Blake's 1971 cb350 Cafe Racer (Baffles done, Grips/Pod filters from DCC ordered)

My baffles are installed inside my homemade pipes.
Now i need to find a way without welding to install them to the headers... what kinda clamps are you all using.

Also, my DCC Pods and grips are coming.

Pics to come!

-thanks all!
blake

Re: Blake's 1971 cb350 Cafe Racer (Baffles done, Grips/Pod filters from DCC ordered)

You could drill and rivet/bolt them.

Ringo said:
You could drill and rivet/bolt them.
ehh ill just clamp them... i found some clamps.

My dad suprised me with Unis today. i was pretty happy. He said it was a present for good grades this quarter.

Yeah sorry, misread the original question. I thought you were wanting to secure the baffles in the pipes.

Any updates?

Yes, im uploading pics in a sec.

Blake's 1971 cb350 Cafe Racer (Update March 23rd, 2011 SEAT DONE.)

So after a lot of wait, i got my seat back from paint and im pretty happy with it. :) Did a little work with a die grinder to make it fit on the frame and it fits great now.
100_2754.jpg

100_2775.jpg

100_2758.jpg

100_2779.jpg

100_2777.jpg

100_2756.jpg

Just need it upholstered now!

ALSO , i have removed the triple tree, greased the ball bearings and cleaned the crude out of there... MUCH BETTER NOW.

I am currently polishing the triple tree to a mirror finish.

100_2766.jpg

Bought some rattle cans for my headers an pipes...
100_2776.jpg

Woot Woot. Installed some Unis and installed my grips... just need to buy some grip stick to get it to stay...

Thanks for waiting guys.

Cheers!
Blake

Re: Blakes Cb350 Cafe Racer (March 23rd 2011 Update SEAT DONE!)

Wow! That seat looks really good. Cool to see the project moving forward. ;D

lookinggg goood.

Nice job, looks great! Like the orange paint job. 8)

Back
Top Bottom