Blake's cb350 Cafe (Update: APRIL 10th Jetted,exhaust, all hard work done! PICS)

Color Scheme

• Black on Black w/ Chrome Accents

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Black on Black w/ Black Accents

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Original Gold Orange with Black and Chrome Accents

Votes: 10 71.4%

• Total voters
adriannarnold said:
Looking Sick Blake,
Great job so far. Keep up the good work.

A couple tips.

*Lessen power load on the battery* - I just ordered some led lights for my gauges. Got them off Ebay for a buck a piece with free shipping. They are from China, so it may be a bit before I get them. I will let you know how they work. If they are good I will shoot you the link. Also, throw on a LED taillight. Cant remember if you have one already

//New Solid state recifier[] - Radio Shak, its like 3$-4$ and super easy mod. Just clip the four wires from the old rectifier, put blade type connectors on them and hook them up to the corresponding tabs
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062584&cp=&origkw=rectifier&kw=rectifier&parentPage=search

seat pad[] - Made mine from camping pad (blue pad), I think its like $10 at Walmart or REI, and like $10 worth of vinyl from a fabric store.

Fork covers[] - Just got some from djelliot, for a decent price. He shipped them the same day, they should be here any day now. I think he said he had a couple pairs. Worth shooting him a message.

fork oil[] 10w 20w or 30w? - Stock is SAE 10W, 200cc per piston.

Clean tank out throughly[] - I tried a couple different methods. Toilet bowl cleaner, Vinegar both worked fine and were cheap, but the tank is still not perfect. 1000 times better but not perfect. Let me know if you want further instruction for either method. Make sure you throw a good inline fuel filter (paper filament catches much more that the metal mesh) on each fuel line, no matter what you do. I have heard mixed stories on tank sealing. I am not an expert by any means, but right now, my tank is not sealed.

New Cables[] - Got most of mine from ebay, and motion pro for pretty cheap. I can send you the links if you are interested.

Dwell the points[] - Not sure what this is, please enlighten me.

I just set my valve clearances today. They were very slightly off. You may want to do this if you haven't already. Very simple to do.

Do you have a Honda Shop Manual? If not let me know, I have a pdf, (its awesome) and I will email you. Hit me up if you have any other questions, I'll do my best.

Keep up the good work, the bike is looking really good.
cool thanks man for everything! Dwelling the points is a lot more accurate then just using a feeler gauge... it just gets the points accurate.

Send me the link for the LED gauge lights please? are they Ba9s?

Re: Blake's cb350 Cafe (Update: APRIL 10th Jetted,exhaust, all hard work done! P

Blake what is that seat made from? That thing is not going to hold up when riding . pat in the back on tuning your bike dude

stript.714 o/c said:
Blake what is that seat made from? That thing is not going to hold up when riding . pat in the back on tuning your bike dude

Thanks man. And its 8 layers of fiberglass and short hair glass layer. PLUS i have 1/8 inch aluminum rails on the sides lined with a 1/3 of an inch of epoxy for anti cracking support

B L A K E said:
100_2794.jpg

Bike is looking nice and clean, but you HAVE to do something with your gauges! They look way too goofy sitting way high up like that. Try and nest them around the headlight, or bring them down a little. They just interrupt the lines of the bike tooo much.

The Red Wonder said:
Bike is looking nice and clean, but you HAVE to do something with your gauges! They look way too goofy sitting way high up like that. Try and nest them around the headlight, or bring them down a little. They just interrupt the lines of the bike tooo much.

The bike looks fantastic! Great work! I also agree with The Red Wonder, sinking those gauges a bit will definitely give it more of a streamlined look and will add to the awesomeness of the bike!

Blake, it looks great man! You ought to be proud. Regarding the seat, the only possible problem area could be where the hump meets the seat base. As long as you have no glass seams in that area, it will hold up no problem.

A good test of this is throwing a little lady on back and seeing how it does. ;)

Re: Blake's cb350 Cafe (Update: APRIL 10th Jetted,exhaust, all hard work done! P

stript.714 o/c said:
that seat will be hear long after you are gone. :-X

trust me the seat is gonna hold up. Lol. But thanks for the compliments everyone...soo ill be getting the striping done and the tail light installed...

Blake, Looks good man!! I do agree that you need to relocate those gauges though, very distracting. I like your seat choice, nice change from the rounder ones and it suits the bike well.

good luck with the finishing touches.

diesel450 said:
Blake, Looks good man!! I do agree that you need to relocate those gauges though, very distracting. I like your seat choice, nice change from the rounder ones and it suits the bike well.

good luck with the finishing touches.

Hahaha you guys were freaking out when i said i didnt want the rounded one... i hate conformity. i like my individuality...it makes me. Ya i could go buy a 250 ninja but ill ride my cafe instead...BECAUSE I CAN! built not bought.

so in the modern world we have an interesting and ironic situation. In place of traditional culture we have what is known as Pop culture -really a marketing based social/political/religious structure-. many people in our society seek out pop culture as a way of establishing themselves in society, others seek out a sub culture where they can be"an individual" yet they are human and so they find it necessary based on genitic predisposition and inferiority to start dictating that every one who is "punk rock" ," rockabilly ", "Goth", "hippy", or whatever must think and feal and look a certain way. Welcome to humanity the place where 99.9% of us have an absolute need to be a part of something bigger than our selves, but few of us understand what that something is.
Keep making waves -you'll fit right in ;) .

lol. Back to the bike please! My bike is making 12.6 volts at idle with out the headlight on... is that bad? im idling at about 900rpm NOT warmed up... and about 1300-1400 warm.

What are the points supposed to be set at? i know about .012-.016 but what do you guys have them set at? and is it okay to index the spark plugs or does it really matter with this small of a bike?
are the spark plugs gaps supposed to be about .026? what works for you guys because my manual is either lying to me...or my bike has an issue...it feels like its "bucking" when i take off in first gear... it kinda "sputters hard" and then takes off smooth...i dont get it...

I thought you were going to set the points by dwell?? Don't you need to be looking for a dwell angle?

Back
Top Bottom