Blake's cb350 Cafe (Update: APRIL 10th Jetted,exhaust, all hard work done! PICS)

Color Scheme

• Black on Black w/ Chrome Accents

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Black on Black w/ Black Accents

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Original Gold Orange with Black and Chrome Accents

Votes: 10 71.4%

• Total voters
join the club, i have a 360 that prefers the lights off to.

not that it is a bad thing.... but i found that LED conversions fixed its ass.

Great Job Blake,

Glad you got that baby purring. Do you know what size jets you have in there? Doing a similar setup as yours on a friends bike.

Good luck with that headlight

blake scoot looks great man! well done brother! i would pull every light off the bike and swap it to LED, on the headlight... you have a few options, one would be to core the lamp and run HID in there, HID has a VERY low power draw and is AWESOME for lighting (have this in almost every bike i own)
antoher cheaper and easier way to deal with it is:
drill a small hole in the back of the lamp, from here you can drop a large LED in there (white) this will light up the lamp durring the day and get you legal wiht almost no power draw, run your headlight power to this (be sure it has a resister) then run your brights (high) to the light normally
so when your headlight is in the "on" possition it will light up with the led (you can add several) and when your riding at night you just flip on the brights... your golden...
i have run LEDS in several lamps both for LED lighting to go with the bike and this same reason, works great, cost next to nothing... and really helps old bikes charging systems!

also be sure you have a fresh battery... are you sure your bike is charging? check the termianls when the bike is running you want to be sure it is charging... it should go up when you rev it

JRK5892 said:
also be sure you have a fresh battery... are you sure your bike is charging? check the termianls when the bike is running you want to be sure it is charging... it should go up when you rev it
it does go up... its 12.6 at idle and spikes to 14ish when i rev past 3k rpms

JRK5892 said:
blake scoot looks great man! well done brother! i would pull every light off the bike and swap it to LED, on the headlight... you have a few options, one would be to core the lamp and run HID in there, HID has a VERY low power draw and is AWESOME for lighting (have this in almost every bike i own)
antoher cheaper and easier way to deal with it is:
drill a small hole in the back of the lamp, from here you can drop a large LED in there (white) this will light up the lamp durring the day and get you legal wiht almost no power draw, run your headlight power to this (be sure it has a resister) then run your brights (high) to the light normally
so when your headlight is in the "on" possition it will light up with the led (you can add several) and when your riding at night you just flip on the brights... your golden...
i have run LEDS in several lamps both for LED lighting to go with the bike and this same reason, works great, cost next to nothing... and really helps old bikes charging systems!

HMMMM. This is smart... ill consider it. What kinda resistors would i have to use... i have no clue when it comes to wiring my own lights.... especially LED stuff.

KrashManhatten said:
join the club, i have a 360 that prefers the lights off to.

not that it is a bad thing.... but i found that LED conversions fixed its ass.
whered you get yours from?

B L A K E said:
HMMMM. This is smart... ill consider it. What kinda resistors would i have to use... i have no clue when it comes to wiring my own lights.... especially LED stuff.

+1
What kind of resistor(s) is/are needed?

If you actually want LED's to put off light you need to do a lot of research. Those ones from eBay will light up your housing but they won't actually throw any light. LEDs like to be supplied with a constant current, so just putting a resistor in line is not a good or proper way to drive them. I am actually doing an LED headlight conversion myself. I am using 3x Seoul P7 LEDs, each of them is capable of putting out 900 lumens. A typical car headlight system is around 1500 lumens on low beams, some HIDs get up over 3000 lumens!

One of the guys on here used this light, its expensive, but nice and bright and all the work is done for you:

http://www.levineautoparts.com/ledheadlight.html

i was saying to just do the led to ride in the day, does not need to throw light just needs to light up to be legal and to show up in peoples rear view mirrors.
every LED lamp i have installed in the shop (HD) included blows... however the ones we used on the gold wing build are really nice, but never the less it is still flood style lighting not what i would use for a headlight at all.
I have installed about 8 HD led headlights now... all suck balls if you ask me
i run full HID on my bikes, wiht LED in them for when i am riding in the day

Hey guys. i have new pics!
100_2849.jpg

100_2848.jpg

100_2847.jpg

ENJOY!

Blake man, that seat looks great! I really like the black buttons as opposed to the chrome ones everyone uses. Nicely done. You been putting some miles on her?

The charging system may not be very good on these bikes but it isn't as bad as everyone makes out.
The main problem seems to be everyone with issues has rewired the bike, BADLY, without a basic understanding of how components work and without checking said components for correct operation.
I'm running my 360 with Suzuki rectifier/regulator (known to be not very good quality), modified generator rotor (turned down slightly so air gap is larger and charging rate lower) 7 A/hr battery and a couple of led 'bulbs'
No Issues
I did over a 100 miles yesterday, had a lot of fun, got a bit of criticism for overtaking on the 'wrong' side (hey, I'm British, we drive on the left and pass on the right ;D )

Back
Top Bottom