Tires for a CB360?

///M3Matt

Hey guys,

Looking to pick up some new tires for my CB360 build. Im using the stock wheels and am thinking of using 110/90/18 for the rear and 100/90/18 for the front.

What kind of tires would you recommend? Ive read some reviews about the Bridgestone Spitfires and people liked them. I was also looking at some Metzeler ME880 tires and Avon AM26 RoadRider Tires. Anyone have any experience with them? Any other recommendations?

Thanks in advance!!
_Matt

am26 seems to get the best reviews and is very popular. metzelers are great also.

if its anything like the cb350.... which it is....

90/90 - 18 for front

110/80 - 18 rear

roadriders come in both sizes.

I have the Bridgestone Spitfires and have no complaints with the performance. As high as my rearsets are, I can still drag the sides of my boots on the ground. Good value too.

The only complaint I have is with the sizing. My DS7 called for a 90/90-18 front and a 110/90-18 rear. But the only fitments they had for the front was the 100/90-18. Which meant the front fender had to go. This wasn't a big issue for me since I wasn't planning on running it anyway. But if I had...

The Spitfires are a great "bang for the buck".

Thanks for the responses. Im not planning on running a front fender so a 100/90/18 up front shouldnt be a problem. Any other advice or recommendations would be appreciated!

You want advice then ignore it?
100 front is too wide on stock rim.
not running a fork brace isn't smart idea
just because it can/has been done, doesn't make it right

crazypj said:
You want advice then ignore it?
100 front is too wide on stock rim.
not running a fork brace isn't smart idea
just because it can/has been done, doesn't make it right

I didnt ignore it. Reading comprehension is your friend. The second poster stated that he is running a 100/90/18 tire and it fit because he was not running the front fender

I am still deciding on tires and am deciding on running a front fender. With this new nugget of information, it will allow me to consider all options.

Back on topic.....What type of tires are you running? What do you think of them?

Hi M3Matt,
I guess you did some searching and saw a lot of info/questions on tyre sizing?
I have Conti 'Go' tubeless with tubes fitted
90/90x18 front and 110/90x18 rear ON WM3 RIMS
Front rim is two sizes wider than stock and rear one size wider
Haven't tried them yet as project is still in progress.
If your doing it for looks, carry on, if you intend to ride it, use sizes that work
This is what mine look like (bottom of page)
http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=11736.140

PJ

The difference between a 90/90 tire, and a 100/90 tire, is the 100/90 is 10mm wider and 9mm taller. That's a mounted difference of 5mm wider each side, and a split diameter (from the axle outward) of 4.5mm.
My scrotum has bigger wrinkles than that.

I didn't mount the 100/90 front for looks... I mounted it because that was the size available in a matched set, at a price that was affordable to me. And I speak from personal experience when I say that the 10mm wider tire mounted on my DS7 has been through a trackday and several hundred miles (it's only been finished and road legal since December), and I've experienced no ill effects from it. In fact, they stick alot better than I originally thought they would.

But that's just my experience/opinion. By all means, do your own research, and make the best informed decision you can.

Thanks Redbird. I am having more luck finding 100/90/18 front tires than 90/90/19 tires so that is certainly a factor to consider.

Idk how wide your rims are, but i have 1.85's on my cb450. The 100/90 fits beautifully up front. I mounted a 120/80 out back, but the rim is too narrow. It changed the profile of the tire. I need to either get a wider rim or a narrower tire. I think staying with a 4.00-18 or 110 is your best bet out back. I wouldnt worry about the front, 100/90 should fit like a glove.

Stock CB 360 has a 1.60 front rim and a 1.85 rear rim.
It may work OK on track bike where you want instability?
There are better ways of improving cornering though, (easiest is longer rear shocks )
You don't want to drop forks because you lose too much ground clearance.

PJ

Back
Top Bottom